Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Europarts Brake Discs and Pads

14 minutes ago, wantaisf said:

Thanks for the posts chaps. It has made me think that £306 for discs and pads all round for a Lexus ISF is suspiciously cheap! So much so, I'm going to delay the purchase, and actually might source OEM discs from Lexis and Hawks pads for Cambridge Motorsport. 

I used front discs from ECP along with hawk pads and never had any issues even when on track (it was only a quick track session but still)

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

By this do you mean the paint is of different quality but labelled the same? 

I know the trade versions of Dulux paints are very different from the 'standard' DIY versions but they are also labelled differently and cost significantly more, even from the likes of B&Q.

It's very misleading to base judgements of quality on the price charged, as the likes of B&Q have massive purchasing power and also often sell at 'special' prices to drive sales.

I think you’ve quoted the wrong person there. 

@wantaisf Jim this a common thread on here I use a motor Factors near me who are actually a brembo car/bike dealership they source all there’s from this company not a million miles away from you.

The  prices are virtually the same as euro.......

Big Rat
  •  
  •  
  •  

So I’ve had a reply from WRS Motor Factors they are supplied  the brembo orders by the below company in the UK who source them direct from brembo in Italy.

https://brakedepot.co.uk/

Big Rat

On both my Volvos I have ECP brake disks and pads.

I went for Eicher premium and been on a year on the 940 all round and 2 years on the rear of the 240. No issues at all. Volvo disks are good but vey expensive and have been on the front of my 240 for 7 years now, but have had 3 pad changes.

As regards to paint I'm self employed and do property maintenance and am a NVQ level 2+3 plumber and I tend to use Plumb Centre or Plumb Base for plumbing bits and when I was CORGI registered, now GAS-SAFE I used to buy heating packs from Mr Central Heating in the year 2000.

I gave up the gas side a year later as didn't like the responsibility and I would test everything twice to make sure. I fitted about 5 new heating systems and installed friends and family boilers etc and found the general public wanted finance options, which I didn't want to get involved in.

Paint I buy from B&Q or the customer can supply it, generally Dulux or if exterior I like Sandtex. I charge my customers for what I buy the materials for including any trade discount.

I live on a 50ft long Narrowboat and my overheads are quite low and if I can earn 6-10k a year that covers me.

James:thumbsup: 

The brembo ECP brakes are the same as brembo brakes from anywhere else.

Additionally, if you buy the Pagid ones from ECP for the IS-F, you'll realise that they're actually Brembo's in a Pagid packaging lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The Brembo ECP brakes are the same as Brembo brakes from anywhere else.

Additionally, if you buy the Pagid ones from ECP for the IS-F, you'll realise that they're actually Brembo's in a Pagid packaging lol

This :-)

I have run brembo discs from ECP with no issues.  Ironically the dealer fitted brembo discs cracked after a track day.  The ECP ones didn't.

I am now running MTEC discs all round now and am impressed.  You can also specify dimpled or grooved discs at front if planning on tracking the ISF to reduce chances of cracking if "pushing on" :-)

4 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

I live on a 50ft long Narrowboat and my overheads are quite low and if I can earn 6-10k a year that covers me.

James:thumbsup: 

They will be on a narrowboat :lol:

• Haha 3

Just fitted new set of pads and discs from ECP the other weekend. No problem. They're genuine brembo and come sealed in branded boxes, with branded foil seals.
Only problem with ECP is expect to get the wrong part, or for them not to have it in stock, or some silly mess up.
However their customer service is great, I've found. My front discs should have been £140 (pair), but because they failed to get them in on the day they said, they offered me them for £100 and free next day delivery!

• Like 1

I've had 2 sets of brembo pads from ECP now and they both suffer from squeaking. I've repeatedly tried to bed them in properly but each time it comes back.

Still yet to find the time to fit the ceramic ones I got from the states. Will report back once I have.

Squeaking is quite normal I find, at a low level. Certainly happened on the original brembo pads/discs I just replaced. Tends to be when brakes are only used lightly. Need some good hard stopping and it clears away. Make sure you put a small amount of copper grease between the anti rattle shims and pads. They had some on from the factory when I disassembled.

Cera tec paste can help as well. I had horrible squeal on some Evo brembo calipers a few years back and the paste helped a lot. That and bedding the pads in properly, although that in itself was an interesting experience!

35 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Squeaking is quite normal I find, at a low level. Certainly happened on the original Brembo pads/discs I just replaced. 

My GS F is doing a good impression of a London taxi at the moment, driving me mad :sad: Will need to change the pads to something that isn't just sheet steel.

My brakes squealed  a bit last year, but haven't done it for a while. Maybe its just a phase they go through?

I don't mind the squeaking so much when breaking but it happens when I'm off the pedal and is starting to drive me a tad insane! It's not too noticeable when the windows are up but with this weather (and a V8 soundtrack to listen to) I like to have them open.

I've done a few hard full stops but that only delays the comeback by a day or so. Whilst I'm getting my exhaust valve fitted tomorrow, I might just get them to chuck the new pads in.

Thanks for all the replies though! 

I can honestly say I've never heard a squeak out of mine, stock pads for over 80k miles, maybe i'm going deaf in my old age..

However, when I used to do a lot of work on old cars, I always used a little bit of copper slip on the back or the pad and/or shims, worked a treat. Trick I picked up from my dad who swore by it.

1 hour ago, JonP said:

I can honestly say I've never heard a squeak out of mine, stock pads for over 80k miles, maybe i'm going deaf in my old age..

However, when I used to do a lot of work on old cars, I always used a little bit of copper slip on the back or the pad and/or shims, worked a treat. Trick I picked up from my dad who swore by it.

The RC F and GS F are worse, they use a different compound to the IS F which has more metal in it. There is a TSB for the RC F where Lexus will change the pads for a different compound, but it will reduce performance slightly (which shouldn't be an issue unless you are using the car on a track).

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The RC F and GS F are worse, they use a different compound to the IS F which has more metal in it. There is a TSB for the RC F where Lexus will change the pads for a different compound, but it will reduce performance slightly (which shouldn't be an issue unless you are using the car on a track).

interesting, I had a loan RCF for a day in 2016 and the brakes were completely quiet. Though I certainly wasn't hooning it around. It was the sales director's car at the time

• 3 weeks later...

So bit of an update to this. I finally got around to fitting my ceramics this morning to cure my squeaking brakes. I took the old pads off to find every single one had a crack in them.

OGsHVdKKR583Hys5AzbZuYAzLZ7z1KXxf1sE6EqRYzQOR0X7RMIAZDMNQCIU6CFMz0EBZMkk-oCjijCPH3bRGbwX6iZONmZCeHZFPyHjvKDKkZfi-u9V-Osrf8-4DOvkKs_Gcnm9AUjKnXjRZkOyYBNjzjjxJyKgIoZs-C59w-Ced3QDc12D1J-dDv31LaaZBBAFOi7STESQ4-6ilYJHMZo6Pvu4qkN76tiGVJgPjNtbDF1W-urQSS2klPf_Sf4s0sDYljzwpPdPOAyURJo6LN3KzsduODFi8nOSJiRFLCeOXd2jt5r7WrZWOIA2PTgETzOPDWU6OjfligC70lVc2jTkSDwxNDed6OL83EwLH_ALvT85hO1GaSZSy5PlOLsbeH-idSjG5Hx-2sncTDJCC7Flavf3WlqamngpaebqDCfBaKOib4avMByX5r-rVQ4Sp0LLro9N2Bm1luUo0C9uTAogWb7cAJxdKocP6ldWeMo5dBGykIi66BwWuI4ZUSt2Ec1KVj996BMHTfyPTAB_i8vtDaMmGOVIbEhIHvjSq7z_UJevAm1ygUzxwAHfVTdI3wG5FbSO7aYdm7FsFQYVQiCna8PJCy1xry7FbD79=w1430-h1906-no

I'm going to get in touch with ECP about this because I only replaced the pads last Sept (roughly 2000 miles ago). If anyone else is suffering from squeaky brakes I do recommend having a look just incase yours have suffered a similar fate.

If ECP don't respond I'm going to go directly to brembo as this really shouldn't be happening. Will update when I hear back.

• Like 1

What brand ceramics did you go for? I’m thinking of getting some Hawk ones, had them on my last ISF. Mainly wanting them due to the difference in dust, I’d forgotten how much crap the stock pads kick out!

5 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

What brand ceramics did you go for? I’m thinking of getting some Hawk ones, had them on my last ISF. Mainly wanting them due to the difference in dust, I’d forgotten how much crap the stock pads kick out!

Went for some Bosch ones imported from the states.

There's a website called RockAuto that does some stellar deals and they include all the customs fee's at the checkout so no surprises.

• Like 1