Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which one should I buy? (2011/2012)

anonymous

I'm looking to buy a 2011/2012 CT 200H , as the generation after is a lot more expensive

I'm confused as to which model variant is "the best", and I'm not even sure if I would "want" the highest specced model? Unfortunately on the Lexus website, I can't really get an indication of what's best as well, because it's largely following the variants of the newer models

I currently actually drive a Toyota Prius from 2007 (T-Spirit) if that is of any help

What features are important to you? What is your budget? Ideally I'd recommend a facelift model if budget allows/you are prepared to drop down a grade or two.

Originally the CT200h launched with grades SE-I, SE-L and SE-L Premier.

The F-Sport came along a year later.

At the end of 2012 the grades were revised to S, SE, Luxury, F-Sport and Premier. The old SE-I matches the SE, with the S being base grade below the previous SE-I

Shortly afterwards the Advance grade was added, in-between the SE and Luxury.

The facelift happened a year after the grade restructure above and was retained. Improvements across the board, plus reduction in prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

What features are important to you? What is your budget? Ideally I'd recommend a facelift model if budget allows/you are prepared to drop down a grade or two.

Originally the CT200h launched with grades SE-I, SE-L and SE-L Premier.

The F-Sport came along a year later.

At the end of 2012 the grades were revised to S, SE, Luxury, F-Sport and Premier. The old SE-I matches the SE, with the S being base grade below the previous SE-I

Shortly afterwards the Advance grade was added, in-between the SE and Luxury.

The facelift happened a year after the grade restructure above and was retained. Improvements across the board, plus reduction in prices.

The thing is... I don't know, and ideally I'd like to keep it to 2011/2012 really as I don't want to spend a huge amount of money. I'm guessing for 2011, the "best" grade is SE-L premier? I don't know what features I'd want in addition to what I have now. I do however know that I'd want to keep the rear view camera, the ease of use, but also some..leather seats. They're not great in the summer however they do look a heck of a lot better over time, as they don't need cleaning (much), especially if you have kids in the car

As for budget. I don't know. Under 10K? This being said, I don't want to necessarily spend the whole 10K if I don't need to ie: if a 7K model does the job, then there's no need. I don't really know the difference between SE-I, SE-L and SE-L premier

I understand that the newer ones do look nice, but I'd rather spend more money on a house, than a car (As I don't have a house yet), so I figure that if I put x towards a car, I've got y towards a house. I can of course sell my current Prius, for about 3K , but I'd still keep the budget to under 10K

If you want a 2011/2012 model then you would need an SE-L to have the reversing camera/Sat Nav. The leather is better quality than the series II Prius T-Spirt leather option and they are heated and have electric adjustment.

Here is a brief summary of the equipment:

5aef3d46636a9_ScreenShot2018-05-06at18_31_14.png.2fbc397af30ad4a75cdbbb68546bcff3.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

If you want a 2011/2012 model then you would need an SE-L to have the reversing camera/Sat Nav. The leather is better quality than the series II Prius T-Spirt leather option and they are heated and have electric adjustment.

Here is a brief summary of the equipment:

5aef3d46636a9_ScreenShot2018-05-06at18_31_14.png.2fbc397af30ad4a75cdbbb68546bcff3.png

Ah forgot that I'd want cruise control too... And I imagine rear parking monitor means the camera vs sensors?

Could I ask if you have any details say for the 2013 models onwards too? The reason I ask this is because I've seen that sometimes they're cheaper than the ones from 2011 which is weird. I'll have a look at the Lexus site when I'm at home too

1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

They’re probably cheaper as the mileage is higher and a lower spec too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly, yeah. I'm not mega fussed about mileage, given that it's a Lexus. If I was buying a Renault, I'd be a bit worried, but as it's a Lexus...meh. My Prius has done over 170K miles.

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Luxury with Nav option is a good spec.

5aef6e7176e5b_ScreenShot2018-05-06at22_06_03.png.5ebdb72832c5edbfbedc81e2b39cfbfe.png

Thanks. I'm guessing that the luxury model also gives me basically everything that you get in SE-L Premier? 

Looking at the Lexus site, I was looking at the various models, and comparing but for some of the stuff I've never had it before

10 hours ago, anonymous said:

Thanks. I'm guessing that the luxury model also gives me basically everything that you get in SE-L Premier? 

Not quite as it was the new name for the SE-L, not the SE-L Premier. You so you don't get the upgraded ML stereo, LED headlights, auto dimming rear mirror or electric seats.

Cruise Control is fitted to the Luxury models, however for other grades this is a rare feature on a Toyota/Lexus where you can actually retro-fit it for around £200.

• Like 1

i had cruise control retro fitted on my ct se-L for £213 at my local dealer back in 2013

but since then i have retro fitted cruise to our Auris hybrid and it cost me £16 for the cruise switch

and around 15 - 20 minutes to install ,i also added the auto dimming rear view mirror from a

honda accord as it has the same mount and only 2 wires to connect +12v & earth wire

so maybe you could be happy with an SE-L rather than paying for the premier version.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 200h said:

i had cruise control retro fitted on my ct se-L for £213 at my local dealer back in 2013

but since then i have retro fitted cruise to our Auris hybrid and it cost me £16 for the cruise switch

and around 15 - 20 minutes to install ,i also added the auto dimming rear view mirror from a

honda accord as it has the same mount and only 2 wires to connect +12v & earth wire

so maybe you could be happy with an SE-L rather than paying for the premier version.

I didn't even think about that! There's also the advance model. I'm guessing this might be a sort of equivalent to the 2012 SE-L premier?

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

There's also the advance model. I'm guessing this might be a sort of equivalent to the 2012 SE-L premier?

Don't try and use logic with the names :wink3:

The Advance sits between the SE and Luxury. It doesn't have leather but does have Sat Nav/Reversing camera and cruise control as standard.

Early CT200H models seemed to vary quite a lot. Its almost like Lexus were experimenting with what gizmos to fit on which models. I know because I waslooking at 2011 models in 2012. The SE-I was the lowest spec but some of these came with 16" wheels whilst others came with 17" wheels, Some SE-I models came with pearlescent paint others came with straight gloss finish. The SEL models were similarly confused but with the SEL, they all had leather seats but some had cruise control and Sat Nav, some didnt. The early premiers were less confusing, the early Premiers just had everything which Lexus could find ( except a space saver- none of them came with a space saver unless you bought a car outside UK). My advice if you are looking for an early CT is to go and look at whatever you feel you can afford and decide whether its got the toys you need. The drive train/ body combination is good for well over 100,000 miles so buying 60 or 70K models isn't so much of an issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Don't try and use logic with the names :wink3:

The Advance sits between the SE and Luxury. It doesn't have leather but does have Sat Nav/Reversing camera and cruise control as standard.

Thanks. SO basically it will give me essentially what I have now with the Prius T Spirit, but a nicer car to drive? THen the luxury model has the leather seats? - Of which I can upgrade to afterwards? - By means of buying a newer version of the car.. 

I don't care too much about Sat Nav. DAB radio...maybe, but I find the Sat Nav on the Prius to be utterly awful, that I never use it.

9 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I don't care too much about Sat Nav. DAB radio...maybe, but I find the Sat Nav on the Prius to be utterly awful, that I never use it.

Yes but you said you wanted a reversing camera - you can't get that without Sat Nav.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wass said:

Early CT200H models seemed to vary quite a lot. Its almost like Lexus were experimenting with what gizmos to fit on which models. I know because I waslooking at 2011 models in 2012. The SE-I was the lowest spec but some of these came with 16" wheels whilst others came with 17" wheels, Some SE-I models came with pearlescent paint others came with straight gloss finish. The SEL models were similarly confused but with the SEL, they all had leather seats but some had cruise control and Sat Nav, some didnt. The early premiers were less confusing, the early Premiers just had everything which Lexus could find ( except a space saver- none of them came with a space saver unless you bought a car outside UK). My advice if you are looking for an early CT is to go and look at whatever you feel you can afford and decide whether its got the toys you need. The drive train/ body combination is good for well over 100,000 miles so buying 60 or 70K models isn't so much of an issue.

I'm really not fussed about mileage because well, my Prius has done nearly 170K and maintenance has been minimal. 

On 5/6/2018 at 10:28 PM, ColinBarber said:

Not quite as it was the new name for the SE-L, not the SE-L Premier. You so you don't get the upgraded ML stereo, LED headlights, auto dimming rear mirror or electric seats.

Cruise Control is fitted to the Luxury models, however for other grades this is a rare feature on a Toyota/Lexus where you can actually retro-fit it for around £200.

My 2013 Luxury has the auto dimming rear view mirror.  I've also got Premium Nav so you get upgraded 10 speaker stereo, and DAB, but not ML

Mileage wise I wouldn't worry, I'm on 144K nw with nothing other than servicing

• Thanks 1

Have you actually driven a CT, or sat in one? Are you aware that it is quite a lot smaller than a Prius and has a rather small boot?

I am not trying to put you off, I am a fan of the CT myself, but since you mentioned the Prius... And kids...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikeyb999 said:

My 2013 Luxury has the auto dimming rear view mirror.  I've also got Premium Nav so you get upgraded 10 speaker stereo, and DAB, but not ML

Mileage wise I wouldn't worry, I'm on 144K nw with nothing other than servicing

Interesting, as only the F-Sport and Premier should have that auto mirror at that age. Could have possibly been added later I guess. What month in 2013 was your vehicle registered?

The ML audio is nice - uprated amp and 13 speakers.

16 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Interesting, as only the F-Sport and Premier should have that auto mirror at that age. Could have possibly been added later I guess. What month in 2013 was your vehicle registered?

The ML audio is nice - uprated amp and 13 speakers.

Registered in Feb 13 - it was just 2 years old when I bought it as a used approved so I doubt it was fitted as an aftermarket mod

• Like 1