Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which one should I buy? (2011/2012)

anonymous

On 5/11/2018 at 3:11 PM, Mikeyb999 said:

Registered in Feb 13 - it was just 2 years old when I bought it as a used approved so I doubt it was fitted as an aftermarket mod

Thanks. Maybe they added it once the Advance came out at the end of 2012, because the Advance was fitted with it and so a higher spec vehicle without it doesn't make sense.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, DanD said:

Have you actually driven a CT, or sat in one? Are you aware that it is quite a lot smaller than a Prius and has a rather small boot?

I am not trying to put you off, I am a fan of the CT myself, but since you mentioned the Prius... And kids...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

I haven't tbh. Also I don't have kids of my own, so there's not a lot in the boot. It's largely just kids who happen to be little cousins, who you take out every so often is all. I've not done either of these.

I did have a Honda Civic hybrid prior to this, which also had a smaller boot, and before that I had a Yaris which also was just..tiny.

• 4 years later...

Hi. Found this super helpful. I have a similar query. Which one should I buy:

1. 2014 registered (but 2017 model) CT 200h PREMIER, done 22,000 miles, priced about £17k

2. 2016 reg (2017 model) CT 200h PREMIER, done 27,000 miles, priced at £19k

3. 2017 reg (2017 model) CT 200h ADVANCE, done 30,000miles, prcied at £17k.

A question to a question: How can a car supposedly built after summer holiday in 2016 be registered in 2014?

I really enjoy listening to music playing in the Mark Levinson audio and all the other extras in the luxury/premium or whatever they call it around the world.

Hope you find the answer somewhere else.

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

A question to a question: How can a car supposedly built after summer holiday in 2016 be registered in 2014?

I really enjoy listening to music playing in the Mark Levinson audio and all the other extras in the luxury/premium or whatever they call it around the world.

Hope you find the answer somewhere else.

Not sure tbh haha. So it says registration date as 29.03.2014 but model year as 2017. So I'm guessing car was manufactured in 2014 but based on the 2017 models? If that makes sense 😐

On 5/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, Las Palmas said:

Suppose it is a typing error.

are so close to each other on a standard keyboard that registration date probably should have been in 2017

or model year should have been 2014

Clarified with the dealership. They said model is between the 2013 & 2017 facelift, hence mentioned as 2017 model.

Do you recommend going for the 2014 reg Premier trim or the 2017 reg Advance trim for about the same price? The premier trim sounds fantastic, but should I be wary of the Battery life (older Battery, done only 22000miles)?

TIA

43 minutes ago, Futurelexusowner said:

… but should I be wary of the battery life (older battery, done only 22000miles)?

Well if it’s the original Battery, then its had very little use in the last eight years - which tends to promote internal deterioration.  Apart from which, an eight year-old Battery would be due for renewal anyway.

Perhaps negotiate a replacement if you decide to buy the car?

2 hours ago, Futurelexusowner said:

Clarified with the dealership. They said model is between the 2013 & 2017 facelift, hence mentioned as 2017 model.

don't think I would be using these car sales guys who are age related *****....s

Malc

2 hours ago, Futurelexusowner said:

Do you recommend going for the 2014 reg Premier trim or the 2017 reg Advance trim for about the same price? The premier trim sounds fantastic, but should I be wary of the battery life (older battery, done only 22000miles)?

TIA

Hybrid batteries should last between a long time and a very long time depending on how they have been treated.

The 2017 model we have (registered end of 2016 (model years are usually starting after summer holiday from most car factories)) supposedly has a perfect hybrid Battery according to Lexus here. 8 bars shown on Battery when parked in garage Friday afternoon will still be 7 - 8 bars Monday morning.

Premier (Luxury in some countries) has so many comfort things compared to lower models range that we are very pleased with all the extras and I am most pleased with the audio from Mark Levinson.

What I would buy may be different to what you are looking for in a car. The CT is an excellent little car with good room for 4.

22000/8 that is almost 3000/year. If the car has years with less than 1k/year according to mot data, I would skip.

I bought myself a luxury 2014 and I regret didnt getting the premier that has tilting side mirros, LED lights, ML sound, photochromatic central mirror but if I had to choose between a possible bad Battery and less extras, I'd go for less extras. A Battery is more than a thousand.

You could ask the dealer if they can do a life expectancy test on the batteries on both cars. I can do with my Bluetooth adapter and Dr Prius app but I am sure they are able aswell.

38 minutes ago, diabolik said:

I bought myself a luxury 2014 and I regret didnt getting the premier that has tilting side mirros, led lights, ML sound, photochromatic central mirror but if I had to choose between a possible bad battery and less extras, I'd go for less extras. A battery is more than a thousand.

The extras are more than several thousands.

All depend on your needs, wishes and maybe first of all: budget.