Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Show us your other half

I know many of you don’t use your F as your daily drive. This thread is dedicated to all the work horses that make weekends with the F so special.

So, don’t be shy, show us your daily drive!

My primary car is a Volvo,  and in my circle of F friends it is probably just as well known as my F.

Introducing ‘Simon’ the Volvo - adored by my so many of my F mates 👍

70C26FBF-09F2-4540-9BD6-000CD9020F9E.jpeg

61FD7D1F-B7B0-4A58-A6E9-A9B2E8D42738.jpeg

579B8276-17EB-4BC7-A242-A99FFDA75E34.jpeg

2C28CC6E-5152-46CA-830B-F96C34755A8D.jpeg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

15257041881046410775119512975337.thumb.jpg.9ad24d8f834dbd4c7115b11580ac57d5.jpg

This is my sons car I borrow from time to time, fantastic economy. 👍 

My daughter has the same in pink.  It's shared with a scary spider so hardly used.

It needs new brakes soon.  You got some from ECP before? ;-)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

My daughter has the same in pink.  It's shared with a scary spider so hardly used.

It needs new brakes soon.  You got some from ECP before? ;-)

The manufacturer 'Little Tykes' in my opinion is comparable to Tesla, its reliability and green credentials are fantastic. I would check the Little Tykes Owners Club for help with the spider, perhaps it's an known fault 😉 

• Like 1

I don't own an ISF so can I post here?

Anyway here are my 3 cars.

The 240 I have owned for 9 years and cost £350 then, and was my daily driver, then 18 months ago I bought the 940 for £250 and is my works vehicle and daily driver. I keep the IS220d for best.

James:thumbsup:

Fleet.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JamesIS220 said:

I don't own an ISF so can I post here?

Anyway here are my 3 cars.

The 240 I have owned for 9 years and cost £350 then, and was my daily driver, then 18 months ago I bought the 940 for £250 and is my works vehicle and daily driver. I keep the IS220d for best.

Fleet.jpg

In keeping with tangents...  I have a real soft spot for the 240.  My Step Dad had a pre facelift 240 when I was a kid and then got a 740.  Loved them both.  Literally built like a tank :-)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

In keeping with tangents...  I have a real soft spot for the 240.  My Step Dad had a pre facelift 240 when I was a kid and then got a 740.  Loved them both.  Literally built like a tank :-)

I don't have an ISF either (whatever that is) but a do have a soft spot for the 940, one of my best cars ever, and my 240 wasn't bad either.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

The 240 is the Volvo people think of and see on TV. It's a great car and still drives well at 234,000miles. In my 9 years ownership I have put 74,000 of those miles on. Was my daily driver and only recovered once.

Have a few rust issues to sort this year, heater fan died 4 years ago and dash built around it, so complete weekend dash out job to replace £100 fan! You get some heat naturally from 40mph so haven't bothered. I love it for it's simplicity and love the B230E engine with K jet mechanical Bosch fuel injection. Coupled to the AW70 Auto box is nice. GLT purists like manual. 

In it's day a very safe car, but an old design, basically an updated 140. 240 production finished in 1993.

The Lexus if your going to crash is a much better option with its 10 airbags including knee airbags!

The 940 2.3 litre petrol is the better car as more modern. It has the B230FK Engine, Garrett low pressure turbo delivering 135bhp. Not a bad spec for a 96. Has manual AC, electric glass sunroof, electric windows and mirrors. Heated mirrors, Half leather interior, heated front seats. Drivers Airbag, ABS and seatbelt pretensioners. The best thing is it all works! If you want the top spec 940 find a CD Spec one. Or the 5 cylinder 2.5 or 3 litre 960/V90

The 940 seems to be going up in value but probably not mine as done 194,000miles. Condition of 240 same. Both probably a grand each tops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I don't have an ISF either (whatever that is) but a do have a soft spot for the 940, one of my best cars ever, and my 240 wasn't bad either.  

It's seems the LOC is a old and new Volvo haunt! Also had a 1986 740GLE estate with B230K Engine and the red cloth interior.

3 minutes ago, JamesIS220 said:

It's seems the LOC is a old and new Volvo haunt! Also had a 1986 740GLE estate with B230K Engine and the red cloth interior.

I think you're right, I've got a 2008 V70 SE sport, not a bad motor.....if you don't mind the odd electrical problem!  I also had the 740 GLT.

3 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I think you're right, I've got a 2008 V70 SE sport, not a bad motor.....if you don't mind the odd electrical problem!  I also had the 740 GLT.

Yes too much electricals in modern cars! Wasn't the 740GLT the one with the 16 valve OHC engine, if so rare now!

James:smile:

And my old man still has his ‘trusty’ OG shape C70 2.5T (manual!). He had the T5 before (also a manual - he’s a purist!) and both rare as hens teeth...but preferred the 2.5 as the engine is less peeky.

It still goes like an absolute train! And joining the motorway is a hoot... 3rd and 4th are immense and it’s still pulling hard at 120mph!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

And my old man still has his ‘trusty’ OG shape C70 2.5T (manual!). He had the T5 before (also a manual - he’s a purist!) and both rare as hens teeth...but preferred the 2.5 as the engine is less peeky.

It still goes like an absolute train! And joining the motorway is a hoot... 3rd and 4th are immense and it’s still pulling hard at 120mph!

Never driven a T5 or an R, I bet they are fun. It seems anything with lowish miles, sporty and one owner with service history does well.

• Like 1

Dodge Nitro 2.8td 6 speed box, rear wheel drive with old school four wheel drive that if used the surface must be gravel, grass, mud, snow as it locks up the rear axle to front diff. It's a lot of motor for reasonable money. Used for camping with the family and the dogs, through the winter months to keep the isf of the salted roads, also when it's raining and I've just washed the Lexus, also does the tip runs, my sister and Brother inlaw are going to The Isle of Mull in it in June with there dog for 2 weeks, as they dont have enough room in there Rc300h lol

20180121_151657.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JamesIS220 said:

Yes too much electricals in modern cars! Wasn't the 740GLT the one with the 16 valve OHC engine, if so rare now!

James:smile:

Yes, 16v OHC, not the most popular engine but went like a rocket in its time. I had a black one that looked the biz, or a hearse depending on your outlook.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

A Makita man...knew you were a man of impeccable taste!

I take it you still haven’t met Ratty?

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Ratty. Look like a council job . Plenty of tools but no one working 😜

Plus I see Excalibur firmly stuck in the stone so guess who isn't the true ruler of England 🗡

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links