Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hardwiring a dashcam

Good morning all,

So I got myself an Garmin 45 dashcam. I also ordered the hardwiring kit.

Halford say they will install for 30 quids.

So I went to Lexus dealer, who demanded 430 quids. why? 

Yes they have to hide it under the trim and connect it to a fuse. All the videos I have seen takes about an hour top if you are lazy with a can of beer in one hand.

How can they justify that?

7 minutes ago, Jamalaya said:

Good morning all,

So I got myself an Garmin 45 dashcam. I also ordered the hardwiring kit.

Halford say they will install for 30 quids.

So I went to Lexus dealer, who demanded 430 quids. why? 

Yes they have to hide it under the trim and connect it to a fuse. All the videos I have seen takes about an hour top if you are lazy with a can of beer in one hand.

How can they justify that?

They can’t. Dealer mark up. You can pay someone to come and do it at your house. That’s what I’ll be doing again on my next car.

12 minutes ago, Jamalaya said:

do you or someone else recommend someone in the Wiltshire area, specifically Swindon?

Is wiring  a dashcam to a hybrid car different from standard car?

No, it's no different than a standard car. It's a really easy DIY job (plenty video tutorials on Youtube) but if you want to pay someone to do it, look for any auto-electricians in your area.

39 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

No, it's no different than a standard car. It's a really easy DIY job (plenty video tutorials on Youtube) but if you want to pay someone to do it, look for any auto-electricians in your area.

Ditto to this, I fitted mine quite easily.

8 minutes ago, Jamalaya said:

I Chickened out :wallbash: I asked an auto electrician to install it on Monday. Cost £45/hr. I expect 2 hours work.

I installed my cam in my RX300 so I know it's easy but, when I needed it in the RX450h my old back injury was playing up, so I also went to an auto electrician. I'm not sure if it was £45 or £48/hour plus VAT, but the final bill was £57.

that is pretty cheap. Mine just finished 5 minutes ago. Cost £108, home installation and also charged for traveling 20 miles to my place. i am happy with that. beats the crap out of £430 and very neat job indeed. Daughter and wife's next 😁

• 1 year later...

Genuine Lexus Front and Rear dashcam now available at Lexus Parts Direct!

only £249.00 in our BLACK FRIDAY sale.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-lc/lexus-lc-2016-present/exterior-interior/lexus-nextbase-1080p-front-and-rear-integrated-dash-cam/

Use discount code: lovelexus for free shipping, exclusive to owners club members!

GBNGA-LEXDC-TP.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links