Recommended Posts

Just curious to know if anyone has has their GS remapped, if so has it made much difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

14 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Just curious to know if anyone has has their GS remapped, if so has it made much difference?

Philip, old bean. Why on earth would anyone wish to remap a GS which currently has all of the power of a Falcon 9 rocket ???????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) can it even be done on these?

2) NA engine - probably not much to gain whatsoever. Remaps are designed for turbo engines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Philip, old bean. Why on earth would anyone wish to remap a GS which currently has all of the power of a Falcon 9 rocket ???????????????????

Just idle curiosity old chap.  I was looking at a garage advertising remapping etc and not knowing the type of engine that can be remapped I thought I'd ask the question.  I agree the power is more than ample but a little more could be fun! 🚗 

I didn't even know it was just for turbo engines.  I should stick to carpentry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Just idle curiosity old chap.  I was looking at a garage advertising remapping etc and not knowing the type of engine that can be remapped I thought I'd ask the question.  I agree the power is more than ample but a little more could be fun! 🚗 

I didn't even know it was just for turbo engines.  I should stick to carpentry!

Not a very smart chip off the old block then matey??  :):):)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Not a very smart chip off the old block then matey??  :):):)

That's actually very timely because I quite literally, and accidentally, chipped a piece off a block 20 mins ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

That's actually very timely because I quite literally, and accidentally, chipped a piece off a block 20 mins ago!

Miracles may take me a little longer Phil !

Have a nice  day, as I`m off to pack now, as tomorrow morning early, we are taking Mrs Roy`s Mazda 2 to Leuchars near St Andrews in  Fife for a few days.

It`s first long trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Miracles may take me a little longer Phil !

Have a nice  day, as I`m off to pack now, as tomorrow morning early, we are taking Mrs Roy`s Mazda 2 to Leuchars near St Andrews in  Fife for a few days.

It`s first long trip.

Very nice, have a fab trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Initial P said:

What about these "eco" remaps?

Remaps that are properly setup on a rolling road to account for individual engine manufacturing tolerances do improve economy, performance, and responsiveness however the gains aren't that great and quite difficult on perform on Toyota ECUs because you cannot reprogrammed the map directly - you have to use a piggyback system to fool the ECU or modify its outputs.

Trying to gain additional economy is difficult if you want to retain catalytic convertors - they need the air/fuel ratio to be very specific, if you deviate from that they don't work. Much better economy could be achieved without them, however the health benefits mean they will remain in all new combustion engined vehicles.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now