Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LEXUS Gs450h New exhaust rear section

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well.

I have noticed some patch work done on the exhaust of my car recenlty when sorting out the wheel alignment and spoke to Flowtech exhausts in Dagenham (i am based in London) who have quoted £425 (stainless steel) for a new rear section including the silencers.  Mild steel was quoted at £325. 

I have asked the very nice gentleman there (Paul) that i would like it silent but he has said that it will sound slightly "sportier" than standard. This concerns me slightly as I really want the car to be silent. I have had sporty and loud cars all my life and finally want one that isnt. I don't mind the OEM rumble the car has when driving enthusiastically.

Does anyone know of any alternatives exhaust companies anyone has used that I could ring and get a quote for? I don't mind driving out of London if the price difference/quality make it worthwhile.

I look forward to your advice.  

Kal

Hi Kal, I used Tony Banks in Leeds after seeing many recommendations on the forum here.

He fitted a new rear free flow and middle section for me and it's just loud enough to hear now and doesn't drone at all.  

Upon request he can fit back pressured rear boxes that are like OEM.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Hi Lee.

If you want silent the best bet is OEM imho, stainless will generally be slighly louder. I replaced the rear boxes/v-section on my GS430 (same part as yours) from Lexus Birmingham (ebay) think it came in around £530 ish plus fitting at and independent. Like you I wanted near silent, stock sound after modified cars in the past, my old one lasted ten years so if this does the same I'll be happy.

20 minutes ago, Kal Choudhury said:

HI Guys,

Thank you for the responses. Does anyone know how much Tony Banks charges? Would definitely prefer to go with someone recommended from this forum.

Kind regards

Kal

That's depend on each car/your requirements but I recall my rear section was around the £300-ish.

My middle section was in poor shape so I opted to get that done at the same time and save me another trip back later on.

PS: I've added some pic's further up the thread :wink3:

Hi all.

£600 for a cat-back exhaust in ST/ST is a good price but what is the sound going to be like i know some people like a lot off noise but i myself have got used to the quiet sound off the Lexus now and would not want to alter that.🙂

65mike

Hi all.:thumbup:

Oh did not see your reply earlier Lee need to open my eyes more😢

OEM is the way for me quiet and refined that's how i like it now had all the noise want a bit off quietness now.:thumbup:

65mike