Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Exhaust Cutout

So after doing a bit of research on this forum and over at ClubLexus. I finally decided that an exhaust cutout was the way to go for myself to scratch that noise itch.

After having delay, after delay getting a cutout imported from America (ordered in Jan, finally received one this month). I got the lads over at SRD Tuning in West Sussex to fit it today and wow what a difference! As Pete has vouched before, their work is fantastic and would highly recommend them with any custom work on our cars.

It's so nice actually hearing that engine below 3600!!

Few pics attached of the job they did:

IMG_20180510_100539.jpg

IMG_20180510_110200.jpg

IMG_20180510_111017.jpg

IMG_20180510_111103.jpg

IMG_20180510_121509.jpg

IMG_20180510_183738.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, GibletPH said:

You know the rules.....

Video please

Was too busy playing last night to get the chance. I might go tunnel hunting later today though!

12 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Wellsey Ricky Well done matey I just wish I'd done something much sooner when I had my isF....... didn't make that same mistake with the Rcf, you enjoy it now 👍

🐀

Yeah the guys at SRD couldn't believe I had it for nearly 10 months sounding standard!

I actually think this might save me a bit of fuel in the long run also. I only ever gunned it above 3600 most of the time just to hear the V8 noise. This way I hear it all the time! Well, when the valve is open at least.

• Like 1

@Wellsey Ricky since the exhaust went on mine it’s plummeted in mpg....... I can’t help myself......it’s a drug........I need help........I’ve contacted exhaust anonymous....😂

🐀:help:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wellsey said:

@Big Rat Here's to single digits then :cheers:

It’ll take some going on the ISF, this is what I got on a “spirited” drive on my last one - 

z6SnsUOn.jpg

My Evo X on the other hand....

SVbSfCbW.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for posting Ricky.

I have a few questions. In noisy mode, what's the resonance like? How loud is it? Finally, are you expecting issues at MOT time?

34 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

It’ll take some going on the ISF, this is what I got on a “spirited” drive on my last one - 

The lowest I've had is twelve after a night time run. 

That Evo though... who'd have though a 2.0 liter engine is capable of drinking so quickly!! 

28 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Thanks for posting Ricky.

I have a few questions. In noisy mode, what's the resonance like? How loud is it? Finally, are you expecting issues at MOT time?

Hi Dave, because it's after both sets of cats and the resonator it's a nice loud with hardly any drone. Just the nice V8 burble at low rev's.

As it's only skipping the mufflers (like most factory valved systems) MOT shouldn't be a drama at all.

I'm just editing my tunnel run video now, stay tuned....

• Like 1

Right video has just finished uploading. Here it is:

First three clips are with the valve open. The last is a poorly executed valve closed comparison (bloody traffic!).

I think the best way to describe the sound is at low revs it sounds like a proper V8 and the when the intake opens up, the exhaust perfectly compliments the noise level. Not letting the intake dominant too much.

If anyone is tempted by one of these. I do have a spare kit....

• Like 7

2 hours ago, GibletPH said:

z6SnsUOn.jpg

SVbSfCbW.jpg

Not quite your Evo but 4 laps of the Ring.  Entire tank emptied.  This also including cool down drives between laps :-)

IMG_20170910_183926.jpg

• Like 1

@Wellsey Hi Rickey that looks like the Lewis tunnel run - done that a fare few times on my way to Goodwood with friends from Uckfield/Heathfield.

The exhaust sounds great👍🏻

Looking forward to running the Quicksilver exhaust through the Lewes tunnel at some point 😉

• Like 2

@DAW Strangely enough when I drove over that way to pick up the Quicksilver exhausts I came back through that tunnel in my Trusty Transit....... I got her up to the dizzy shimmering speed of 56mph...... smashed it down from 6th to 3rd........mashed the throttle to the floor dropped the windows.......

Mrs Rat simply looked over......and said “Oh please”😂

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, DAW said:

@Wellsey Hi Rickey that looks like the Lewis tunnel run - done that a fare few times on my way to Goodwood with friends from Uckfield/Heathfield.

The exhaust sounds great👍🏻

Looking forward to running the Quicksilver exhaust through the Lewes tunnel at some point 😉

Yep, Lewes tunnel indeed! It's a must whenever I get a car with a fruity exhaust note.

My mate in Uckfield said he keeps on seeing an ISF. Your mate by any chance?

If it’s was a white ISF then it could well have been me as I’m in the area fairly regularly and also none of my mates have such enlightened good taste in cars 😉.

But there was also another member locally who used to have one in USB.

Think we r both USB RCF owners now having defected to the dark side!!😆

• 2 years later...

How's the exhaust cut out holding up now its been on a couple of years, any reliability issues with the valve? Quite interested in this myself, there are tons of these things available on the Internet so it's difficult to know which ones are better quality and won't fail after a while. Do you mind posting details of the cut out you went for? 

Ive had the same QTP valve fitted to my ISF for over a year in exactly the same way (in fact Wellsey sold me the spare valve he had). No issues at all for me, tbh the only times I've closed it are for the MOT. 

• Haha 1

Just found the box in the garage, it's a qtec33 low profile model. I think all in it cost me ~£450 Inc fitting which took a fair chunk of the day. I also had mine fitted at SRD based on Wellsey's experience. They are 150+ miles away from me so it was a long day but they were brilliant and I would wholeheartedly recommend them. I looked locally but had no confidence id get a decent job done.