Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello.

I am interested in replacing the stock HeadUnit.

The usual Google searches are bringing up what i need, but nothing specifically for my 2007 IS 220d.  The results are all for models before or after my make.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, aussie_ant said:

Hello.

I am interested in replacing the stock HeadUnit.

The usual Google searches are bringing up what i need, but nothing specifically for my 2007 IS 220d.  The results are all for models before or after my make.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-4-vertical-screen-Android-car-Navigation-Stereo-GPS-For-Lexus-IS250-IS300-BT/162652000550?hash=item25ded09126:g:pEkAAOSwwzhZUm2xs-l1600.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sorry, i should have made myself clearer.

I have a Single Din Head unit already.  I need to find the appropriate mounting's/fascia to make this happen.

Something like this but for my IS220D:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-CD-RADIO-STEREO-FACIA-FASCIA-FITTING-KIT-SURROUND-ISO-LEAD/361977938177?hash=item5447910101:g:7ZkAAOSwTmJau6un

9 hours ago, madasahatter said:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-4-vertical-screen-Android-car-Navigation-Stereo-GPS-For-Lexus-IS250-IS300-BT/162652000550?hash=item25ded09126:g:pEkAAOSwwzhZUm2xs-l1600.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

23 hours ago, madasahatter said:

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks, this is the first aftermarket system which I would consider fitting. It doesn't look funky and cheap - looks "almost" genuine. I really like that they ported all A/C buttons on interface and you have all advantages of Android - like proper and fast Navigation with real time traffic and re-routing, all formats play, Bluetooth etc. Quite interesting stuff.. 

33 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Thanks, this is the first aftermarket system which I would consider fitting. It doesn't look funky and cheap - looks "almost" genuine. I really like that they ported all A/C buttons on interface and you have all advantages of Android - like proper and fast Navigation with real time traffic and re-routing, all formats play, Bluetooth etc. Quite interesting stuff.. 

Here is a video no sound thou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1NOegID99o

• Like 1

Yeah... it seems that screen isn't really responsive (similar complaint I have about genuine Lexus sat-nav screen on mk2), furthermore some buttons seems to be not very well sized and potentially real pain to touch when driving (generally similar on any touch screen). Finally, it seems that climate control just brings customised keyboard with the functions, which is not really well though-out, it would have been better to map functions directly to interface without poping-out keyboard.

There is this one also: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QZ-industrial-HD-Android-7-1-Car-DVD-player-for-Lexus-IS200-IS220-IS250-IS300-2006/32837983865.html

A mate at work says he went with Android 4 head unit which was no good and found the Android 7 much better.

Note that this retailer offers the same unit as above in this thread upgraded to Android 7.

I think that i prefer this slightly smaller unit myself.  But more importantly "HAS ANYONE GOT ONE?" and can comment on real life experience.  Or friends that have something similar in their car.  I will get more comments and feedback from the bloke at work today.

My mate at work is really pleased with his Android Head Unit.  Android 7 is the way to go apparently.  He mentioned you can get an App on Android that will wake up WIFI hotspot on the phone when it connects to the head units Bluetooth.