Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.:thumbup:

Just seen this GS450h for sale on the bay seems a lot off car for £4,495 mileage is high at 216,000 unless anyone knows off higher it says 2 owners serviced a few months back and looks in good nick going by pictures.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-GS-GS-450h-SE-L/183094399966?hash=item2aa146d3de:g:GToAAOSw3sJakl~8

I do like the GS cars but only driven one from one car park to another so do not know much about them:whistling:

If i was getting rid which aim not off the IS250 a GS450h would be one i would look at mmm.:whistling1:

65mike.:yes:

I saw that one when I was looking for mine, perhaps a bit over priced as mine was the same price with 79,000 less miles. Having said that, if it’s had a new hybrid Battery etc in that mileage it might not be bad but you would’ve thought they’d mention that if it had.

• Like 3

Hi all.:thumbup:

You are wright there Martin does not mention a new Hybrid but saying that that is a hell off a lot of motor for the money in my view also a lot off miles too.

Pays your money takes you chances.:whistling1:

65mike

Not that cheap for an 11 year old car. Although if it has a full service history it might be worth a look.

You mighht also be able to get the price down a bit. Of course it also depends how those miles have

been put on the clock.  If it's mostly motorway driving that would obviously be better. I would want

someone to give it a look over first,  just to see what I might be letting myself in for. 

IMO you wouldn't have to look particularly hard to find a nice GS450h for similar money and with far less miles than that.

Even if it's had a new hybrid Battery, every other component has done 200,000+ miles too hasn't it?

Just my take on things!

Brian.

• Like 1

Have not looked at the link but it is interesting what is being said about a high mileage GS.

I have two GS450h, one only 30k (59), the other 140k (06), -  both are different specs, oldun has satnav, but both are brill to drive.  the older has some blemishes as age  usually adds but holds a nice shine and good interior, the younger is lovely inside with unexpected weather related blemishes on the body.

The older car I would value at £4.5k, the younger at £8.5k.   both have full lexus service history and I have all docs to prove history which i believe is valuable also. 

Why I give this info is for comparison to the above - enjoy.

====

Have just looked at car - too much money for mileage

Hi all:yahoo:

I originally posted the link for the mileage and looked a nice car since reading forum members posts seems to expensive and does not mention hybrid Battery change so it would seem to me a bomb waiting to go off i know it's a Lexus built to last but.:shocking:

There could be a lot off money needed to keep on the road could end up being a money pit.!!!!:jawdrop:

65mike

Hi cruisermark, missed your Q from Sat,

The only difference between the two is the feel, and reported mpg.  The oldun is a not so tight in both steering and general road handling there is a feel of wear in bearings, also oddly reported mpg is fractionally better when doing similar speeds along motorway.  Slightly more wear on drivers seat for oldun and odd scuff marks on plastics - not a major worry really. Bodywork has a light groove indentation on front and rear wheel arch from stupidly parking too close to a wooden fence.  Bought it for fun driving as I loved the energy it has.

Got the youngun for my wife and a project at the time, she loved it but for physical width, choosing different mainroad routes to and fro from home.  After 3 yrs I got her a CT200h (big burfday), and did not want to part with younger.  It does drive like new and gives me a smile when driving.

Currently I am using the younger as oldun has a puncture to be repaired and I have neglected to sort out replacing two tyres.

The only other observation I have about a GS - you do not see many of them on the road, I have seen 3 others in 3 yrs, except those I looked at when searching for one.

18 minutes ago, Malachy said:

How slow is the CT200? I am thinking about buying one they are really cheap..

I'm not sure you buy one for speed. About 10 seconds to 60 according to figures but as we know on here that means nothing 😈.

Have a test drive, they can be a bit marmite. 

• Like 1