Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P0751 Code - Do you miss the blissful ignorance of the past?

cemo

Just had my 2006 GS300 serviced at 85,000 miles. I thought all was fine. However, mechanic tells me error code P0751 is coming up which refers to "Shift solenoid 'a' performance or stuck off" and now I'm worried about my gearbox playing up as I suspect repairing a Lexus autobox doesn't fall into the cheap category. 

As the car appears to be running fine I'd be happily driving around, if it wasn't for the error code, as I'm sure I've done for years/thousands of miles in the past when previous cars weren't clever enough to warn you about every minor niggle - oh well that's progress!

The other good news my mechanic had was that I'm due 6 new Denso iridium spark plugs, which he recommend I look for on line as often cheaper than the trade suppliers, as he was quoted over £20 each, which having had a look myself I could save myself a few quid, but then I tried rockauto.com who saved my a fortune on my replacement suspension and they've supplied 8 plugs with shipping and VAT for £87! Those paying attention will notice that's 2 extra as they only do them in boxes of 4 but still a great saving and I'll only need to buy 4 next time!

Chris

Take it to a dealer and get the ECU software updated. Cheapest possible fix you can get. If ECU is up to date, transmission pan needs to be dropped to test the solenoids or you can do basic checks at the main connector.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, iwonder said:

Take it to a dealer and get the ECU software updated. Cheapest possible fix you can get. If ECU is up to date, transmission pan needs to be dropped to test the solenoids or you can do basic checks at the main connector.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement - I obviously forgot to add notify replies to my post.