Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black beast

mr2lad

Hi Graham followed your progress of your purchase on lexus world and glad to hear your long trip back up north went well.Time to enjoy now.

These are great cars and yours has a few custom parts and slightly lowered suspension if I'm not mistaken - wish that I'd had the room to keep my old one sold last year.

Make sure the big jobs have been done (timing belt, rotors etc.) and this will last you a lifetime - being all black you will need to be sure the A/C blows cold. 

Best of luck.

Hi Graham, I knew you were over here too. With the plans you have, you should start a build thread. 

What size wheels and tyres are on the black beast?

51 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Hi Graham, I knew you were over here too. With the plans you have, you should start a build thread. 

What size wheels and tyres are on the black beast?

Hi neil, 255/35 on 19s

my first thing im wanting to source and change is the interior,  im not keen on the beige/ivory, i spent hours yesterday trying to brighten it up but just looks grubby even tho its not

and change seat belts to black

so wanting to go black leather... finding a decent complete interior has been fruitless at moment so might just bite the bullet and get a complete new re-trim

if i go that way ill get it two toned saves me having to change carpet and plastic bits

then thes steering wheel we spoke of

and going to change wood surrounds to black carbon effect

double din stereo

dechrome and repaint grille

207D3714-3EFA-4B43-8D61-3A95906A0464.jpeg

2 hours ago, DaKa said:

These are great cars and yours has a few custom parts and slightly lowered suspension if I'm not mistaken - wish that I'd had the room to keep my old one sold last year.

Make sure the big jobs have been done (timing belt, rotors etc.) and this will last you a lifetime - being all black you will need to be sure the A/C blows cold. 

Best of luck.

All above jobs you mentioned have been done very recently prior to me buying this

meister r coilovers recently fitted

new upgraded disc and pads

custom made exhaust... lovely growl to it

and a little extra mod fitted that gives the devil control of car when accelerator pushed.... 2 setting extremely fast and warp lol 

for me to buy a SC in the 1st place ...it had to be different than stock look, 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eame64 said:

Hi Graham followed your progress of your purchase on lexus world and glad to hear your long trip back up north went well.Time to enjoy now.

Yes it was a lovely 615ml return trip and enjoyed every minute of it... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to seeing your progress. I would expect to find a complete black interior out there somewhere on one of the breaker yard/salvage sites. If you're not keen on the colour of the interior, there's little point trying to restore it I suppose. I do like the black leather with silver but I think the light interior on the dark coloured cars suits them best.

I have found leather cleaner and a lot of effort does work but it takes ages. Before I owned it, my car was serviced regularly by Lexus but neglected in other ways. Scuffed wheels and light bodywork scratches, filthy seat belts, etc.Traffic film remover and tar remover is cutting through the grease on the belts gradually, again a lot of effort.  A good car upholsterer could probably restore all the soft stuff but it is difficult to keep the light carpet looking fresh when the car gets a lot of use. 

• Like 1

Shocked at state of passenger front seat belt.... nastily grubby.... not restoring going to buy new ones, looks like ill be stripping interior out sooner than later to clean inside of car... shocked at state is a understatement, 

wouldnt of paid what i did for car had i of taken a bit more time to look at it

but hayho my fault for getting starry eyed at rest of car, was wanting to put it into local car show at beginning of next month along with LS...

but nope not worthy of showing it

id only embarrass myself if i did

im a bit OCD that way dont like dirt or imperfection

away to lick my wounds now

• Sad 1

BZ's knees (Reg no!)

So, you have just a FEW plans for it then........

I recently thought trekking to Aran was a bit far, but 615 miles! Are you still in europe up there? (-: Ducks quickly......

Am still hoping we in the 'soft south' might somehow still be in Europe in years to come. I love Iberia, but don't have enough of the language.

though the thought of driving an SC430 on Spain's empty roads is tempting.

• Like 1

Just a few Chris..... i detoured off my route back home to catch up with a ex army mate of mine I hadn’t seen for quite a few years , so had a drink and swing of lantern sat on sandbags and a good catch up lol

weather stayed nice and did most of run up road with roof down and got to test out the top speed (on a private road obviously 🙄 lol)

Had a look for a complete black interior but no luck so far. I remember stumbling upon a European site that had lots of Lexus spares about a year ago but I can't find it. 

It might be worth calling the breakers yards like Dewsbury Auto Salvage.

Graham there is still the option to buy a complete car and swap everything over then sell the other car on again .....one on Auto Trader for 4K with a tidy black interior .......uncle bob 👍🏻

• 3 months later...

Mentioned this on a couple of other sites, but im going down the lines of completly changing the interior from beige to two toned black n red

cars going away 2wks today 14 sept to a local upholsterers

seats and all large panels being retrimmed in black leather

seats having blood red inserts with red stitching and lexus logo embroided onto them

new RED seat belts being fitted as well and all other beige little bits ie door lock surrounds being coloured black

carpet getting cleaned then dyed black

at moment i think its just the roof lining that will stay orginal, but easily retrimmed if i want... not to fussed as no ones gunna see it anyway when roofs down n tucked away lol

Still trying to source out a black trim bit that you see on top of windscreen with sun visors

finally i will be 50% happy with car

other 50% will be later when she goes away for her full respray and wood trim getting changed to black carbon effect, also black leather with red stitching sports steering wheel and double din stereo 

be just like a brand new car once im finished

will post up pics as car progresses 

55632D40-B2DF-432D-8827-9D127458B7CE.jpeg

5DEAA290-9AD2-4605-928A-42813E5B2BF1.jpeg

56346666-284C-463B-A48C-034E0ED45D2C.jpeg

C6D5B2E1-4581-407B-AC30-C939FC921158.jpeg

2E805A0E-FA7A-4F79-8FD6-75EE09960467.jpeg

2C54C9EC-5C93-4048-8E12-CC82FD74F71D.jpeg

• Like 1

@mr2lad Graham love those wheels one of my favourite spoke styles, just stay away from them kerbs 😳

Recently lost patience with the rubbish finish that the ‘ diamond look cut’ that Lexus do on the Rcf and had them refurb mine and Matt blacked.......

3B6F25D0-D287-4606-819C-1E31453D825F.thumb.jpeg.df6ff211bfb28e07250f4a3b642c9313.jpeg

Big Rat

• Like 1

@Big Rat to late me and the kerb have met on two occasions but luckily JUST and was only paint damage, so touched up and cant see it

im also currently awaiting a trade in price for my LS600hL with RSR for a RCF, but aint letting it go cheap as its minted full lexus history and a mear 45k on clock on a 09plate

ps i said years ago when i had a LS400 id never go beige interior again

i also said after my black gs450h i never go black again

and like a prize plum i bought a black SC with beige leather 🤪🤪 go figure that out lol

• Like 1

@mr2lad Graham the Ls looks fantastic as well, I was looking around the one that Lexus Cheltenham have only last Saturday, they have very real presence without the fussy chintzy appearance of the equivalent Merc/BM offerings.

Fancy the Rcf route next then you will not regret it, ignore the Clarkson type reviews it’s a fantastic car absolutely love mine.

If you see something that appeals and I can help with the history of don’t hesitate to pm me there are a few that are best avoided 

On the subject of interiors mine is a very pale grey, marks wise so far so good 🤞

748BA2E3-934D-4213-8112-3830918E8554.thumb.jpeg.cf4fc5231c533bec6f27e03bbbe8e98a.jpeg190BC6E2-FFFF-441E-9EFB-ADFEEF7646E5.thumb.jpeg.51a1ed165d79652b280dd9328f75edb6.jpeg

Big Rat 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped car off this morning with upholsterer..... and expecting it back in about 4 weeeks as hes away on holiday midway of doing it, but ok with that as its my 2nd car aka posing plaything lol

will post pics once finished

will be popping down to see car next week and will strip out carpet and take it away to clean and re dye in jet black to eventually match interior 

• Like 1

@Neil E  im hoping to turn this lemon of a car around, bought it for 10k but really was a 4-5k going by state of interior and bodged up semi respray, i know im going OTT with interior and respray but im refusing to lose face with this purchase, regardless of cost.... 

Throwing money away my mrs says... but its my money lol and if i dont spend it before i die she’ll only buy loads of shoes and handbags...

• Like 3

Starting to take shape, picked carpets up today and will clean and re dye them black tonight  and tomorrow and get fitted back into car next week  

back seats leather all completed and just getting refitted back onto seats at mo

4596AD25-E578-4CFA-8F03-B64BA97AC9E8.jpeg

C5C62283-6941-4790-9243-C6E5142C6777.jpeg

D16E0CD8-4E9D-4378-B0FB-DAF892961A90.jpeg

CB33AE48-6910-49A1-AB65-99FBC2F27498.jpeg

• Like 3