Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H, I've been a bit too hastily to critique :)

I have been pretty critical of the poor throttle response on your IS300H over the years, but after spending the last fews days in a 1 month old Volvo XC60 as my own car is in for a service, I have to say compared to the IS300H the brand new 2018 Volvo XC60 is simply awful!!

The engine rattles like a tractor, it’s got an 8 speed auto box that never seems to know which gear it should be in, it makes a noise like a donkey when you press on, the throttle lag makes the IS300H feel like a sports car, and even though the ‘official’ mpg rating is 49, real life use is not much over 20!!!

I than looked up the price of the thing, with decent spec £50K!! Holy cow, if I had spent £50K on a car that drives this badly I would banging on the door of the dealer asking for a refund before I even drive the thing out of the show-room.

So I apologise to our IS300H, nearly double mpg, alot cheaper, and a much more sublime ride…..Honestly cannot believe people are still buying things like the Volvo enmass, and how journalist can give the thing 5 stars and describe the power train as  'seriously impressive refinement' is really beyond me. I can only think their brain have temporally been affected by the NOX pumped out by the 4 cylinder tractor engine upfront :(.

41325366944_807b0f1327_b.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always quite liked the look of the XC60, old and new, but the engines have always been a big disappointment and reliability is questionable. I do fail to see how Volvo can justify the price increases on their latest generation of vehicles.

The only thing is that Volvo understood how car tax system works in UK and has nailed it with their plug-in hybrids, Lexus doesn't seems to understand or care. In result when it comes to buying company car I can choose Volvo S90, XC90, S60, BMW 530/330e etc ... but I cannot choose Lexus, because Lexus is not complaint with the tax system... and I cannot justify buying new car from my NET salary, so sadly the future seems to be outside of Lexus brand.

21mpg is a joke - my RX is regularly getting 26-30mpg without trying and I mainly do short trips! 

Ive not driven the new XC60, but the XC90 has poor response too. I think its the gearbox though, rather than the tuning of the throttle pedal