Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC300h and NX300h test drives

Mselway

I had back to back test drives in an RC300h and an NX300h yesterday, courtesy of Snows Lexus Hedge End, Hampshire.

Both very impressive but very different cars.

First the RC300h, the most comfortable car I have ever sat in, the seats seem to wrap around and cosset you, with heated and cooled functions, lumber support adjustment and electric everything. My 6’3” was fine for headroom.

A really good driving position gives a good view of the road ahead, the car feels planted around corners and wafts along effortlessly, switching between petrol and electric power imperceptibly, very impressive.

I tried a few low speed reverse parking manoeuvres, the mirrors and rear view camera are very good. Most reversing seems to be electric mode and is silent. Then back to the showroom and out in the NX300h SUV.

The NX feels a much bigger car, I drove the same route to get a like for like comparison, and was aware of the size of the NX at all times. It was a very nice car but just didn’t give me the luxury feeling I had in the RC. It felt clunkier over potholes and sleeping policemen, my reverse parking manoeuvres taking more planning and greater care.

The RC coupe felt plush, planted and looks gorgeous, I don’t really need a big car so I bought a 5k mile 2016 RC300h, black with red interior. I have joined the ranks of Lexus ownership. Looking forward to getting it in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

Hi Martin, welcome to the LOC. You'll not regret getting into Lexus, and the RC is a stunner. I'll look out for you on the M3 and M27 soon! 😁

On 5/13/2018 at 4:43 PM, gdh300 said:

I'll look out for you on the M3 and M27 soon! 😁

Should be easy during rush hour as the traffic will be traveling slowly enough for a wave and a chat. Especially once the road works start to turn the M27 into a 'smart' motorway!

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

Should be easy during rush hour as the traffic will be traveling slowly enough for a wave and a chat. Especially once the road works start to turn the M27 into a 'smart' motorway!

Fortunately I can bypass the M27 but a couple of lads I work with slog westbound every morning, I'm sure they'll be delighted to learn about that! Sounds like a hybrid would be ideal...

2 hours ago, gdh300 said:

Fortunately I can bypass the M27 but a couple of lads I work with slog westbound every morning, I'm sure they'll be delighted to learn about that! Sounds like a hybrid would be ideal...

I can recommend semi retirement. Spent 8 years commuting on the M27 and don't miss it at all!