Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

driving on the right hand side

Joe Pellegrini

I am planning a trip around Europe in my recently acquired RX450H Advance, 2015. 

can any anyone please tell me what adjustments I need to make to the headlights. My previous car was a Mercedes , where it is a very simple operation requiring a minor adjustment to the headlamp. Does the RX 450 H have a similar adjustment or do I have to do it the old fashioned way and buy a sticker from Halfords?

Does this model come with an emergency triangle as standard kit, if so, where do I find it. I looked in the boot but I could not see one.

Any help would be appreciated.

On a separate issue, I have been trying to purchase a set of Lexus floor mats without much success. I tried the Lexus Accessories shop on eBay and using their own guidelines I ended up with the wrong mats. It took me a couple of weeks to return the items and get a refund. Is there a better way of buying accessories than using eBay. The whole set up is unnecessarily complicated and guaranteed to fail.  

1 hour ago, Joe Pellegrini said:

can any anyone please tell me what adjustments I need to make to the headlights. My previous car was a Mercedes , where it is a very simple operation requiring a minor adjustment to the headlamp. Does the RX 450 H have a similar adjustment or do I have to do it the old fashioned way and buy a sticker from Halfords?

You don't need to do anything. The HID lights have a flat beam so no adjustment or stickers are required.

Thanks for that. However, I am not sure if my car has HID lights. I checked the electrical specification in my manual, but it is not clear whether they are HID or not (given that it is an RX 450H Advance, my guess would be that they are HID. In which case, if they are HID, do I need to disable the I-AFS  setting? I will try adjusting the setting tonight and see whether it makes any difference.

On another note (excuse me for going on about my problems, but I have not had the car long and I am still on a learning curve), my car has two settings ECO mode and sport mode. At the moment, the ECO mode is turned off. Does anyone know what this is supposed to do. My guess would be that it achieves greater economy at the expense of performance and conversely, the Sport mode achieves greater performance at the expense of economy.

just been reading your AA link . 

It's been a few years since I did my big Grand Tours of Spain/Portugal/France/Switzerland and Italy it doesn't mention carrying a second warning triangle which might be compulsory in some countries also there's now no mention of the rip-off breathalyzer kit that one used to have in France .....  is that now defunct ? .............  and this age old thought to have to carry spare bulbs .............  how relevant is that today as Law in some countries ?

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks

Malc

The French breath test requirement has been dropped from prosecution for quite a while now, although it's still the law #duh

I agree with you on bulbs but the French still require replacements to be carried.  Modern cars have pretty grim procedures to change some bulbs, so it's crazy to carry spares for on-the-spot repairs.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/france/

2 hours ago, Farqui said:

The French breath test requirement has been dropped from prosecution for quite a while now, although it's still the law #duh

I agree with you on bulbs but the French still require replacements to be ca

According to a French friend of my the law currently is that you don't need the breathalyser and won't get fined if you don't have one. However, if you have one and it's out of date you can get fined. How very French!

With regards to bulbs I carry a cheap set of mixed bulbs (none of which fit my Lexus) which I bought from Halfords. They have served me well for years!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Pellegrini said:

Thanks for that. However, I am not sure if my car has HID lights. I checked the electrical specification in my manual, but it is not clear whether they are HID or not (given that it is an RX 450H Advance, my guess would be that they are HID. In which case, if they are HID, do I need to disable the I-AFS  setting? I will try adjusting the setting tonight and see whether it makes any difference.

All series III RX 450h have HID or LED lights with flat beams. It would probably make sense to disable AFS as that tends to steer more to near-side than it does off-side.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links