Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Camera Warning

Poundy

Keep getting the Beep! Beep! warnings when the Sat Nav Is on, it can be a bit annoying when travelling the motorway. I have now discovered, although no mention of it in the Sat Nav Handbook that it is the static speed camera warning. Pity Lexus didn't build in the option to turn the volume down or cancel the warning, or did they??

Had a look in my own car yesterday and I couldn’t find an option to turn it off. 

There were options to turn off beeps and another to turn off showin that e speed limit in the sat nav. Not sure if changing these settings would have a knock on affect of turning off the camera warning. 

• 5 months later...

I have recently aquired a 2014 Advance and also wondered why I get these occasional random double beeps. Initially I thought it was the front/side parking senor as I was driving past something close but in hindsight it does indeed seem to be linked to static speed camera locations. Nothing I can see in the handbooks though. Strange but now I know, a useful/good to know.

I contacted my local Lexus dealer this morning who confirmed these double  beeps are warnings for upcoming, static speed cameras. Considering Lexus owner manuals are very in depth it's a surprise they've omitted this useful (for most, I'm sure) feature.

My intended journey this morning passes through numerous static camera sites so I expect a lot of double-beeping going on!  Be good to test the feature out; will report back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links