Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

And now for something completely different... Anyone fancy a Korean?

Just spent this evening nursing this around the roads of Dorset (Well I say nursing.  It was in an N+ mode all the way which I think stands for nursing).

After I steered him away from the VAG group and pointing him in the direction of Hyundai (GASP!!!!) a friend of mine picked this up today.  Cost 22k and has 700 miles on the clock.  The dealer basically F'd the price up as it was up for 25k and the salesman made a slight mistake.  Brand new they are 28k.

Needless to say he snapped the guys hand off.

He then showed up at mine and handed me the keys and thanked me for recommending the I30N Performance.

I have to say....  I wasn't surprised as I have read the reviews and saw them at the launch weekend in Germany but......  I am in love.

Look past the badge and it is solidly put together.  Goes really well.  Not as outright fast as the ISF but around B roads and tight tracks I have no doubts that this would leave me for dust.

And the sound.....  the sound....  In N+ mode (May stand for Nurburgring come to think of it) she (it's called Hayley) comes into it's own.  Lovely exhaust crackle on overrun.  Some nice audible pops when changing down gear (rev matching is great).  But...  full blown upshifts....  it sounds like a shotgun going off.

Then you put it in normal and it just plods around like a normal hatch (which is how he managed to get it past the wife).

Did I say that I am in love.  We can't both have one in NHS blue surely.

IMG_20180514_210930.jpg

IMG_20180514_210938.jpg

IMG_20180514_210950.jpg

• Like 4

Heard lots of good things about it, Hyundai have a waiting list for test drives in my area as a friend was interested. Lots of settings to play with.

certainly a leap forward from that brand 👍🏻

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Just spent this evening nursing this around the roads of Dorset (Well I say nursing.  It was in an N+ mode all the way which I think stands for nursing).

After I steered him away from the VAG group and pointing him in the direction of Hyundai (GASP!!!!) a friend of mine picked this up today.  Cost 22k and has 700 miles on the clock.  The dealer basically F'd the price up as it was up for 25k and the salesman made a slight mistake.  Brand new they are 28k.

Needless to say he snapped the guys hand off.

He then showed up at mine and handed me the keys and thanked me for recommending the I30N Performance.

I have to say....  I wasn't surprised as I have read the reviews and saw them at the launch weekend in Germany but......  I am in love.

Look past the badge and it is solidly put together.  Goes really well.  Not as outright fast as the ISF but around B roads and tight tracks I have no doubts that this would leave me for dust.

And the sound.....  the sound....  In N+ mode (May stand for Nurburgring come to think of it) she (it's called Hayley) comes into it's own.  Lovely exhaust crackle on overrun.  Some nice audible pops when changing down gear (rev matching is great).  But...  full blown upshifts....  it sounds like a shotgun going off.

Then you put it in normal and it just plods around like a normal hatch (which is how he managed to get it past the wife).

Did I say that I am in love.  We can't both have one in NHS blue surely.

IMG_20180514_210930.jpg

IMG_20180514_210938.jpg

IMG_20180514_210950.jpg

@FTBBCVoodoo Nice motor Lee heard a lot of good about them.... NHS Blue........ better name her scrubs then 😉

🐀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Saved him from being a casualty of the VW group.

Saw one in Lincoln recently - looked very good. Honda......have a look. See what they did?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

They're certainly good value - only problem they have is that the Golf GTI Performance pack exists which is a better all rounder albeit more expensive but makes up for it with the interior quality and design

The new Kia Stinger is good though - very very good in fact.... especially in Black.

I like the marque, daughter has the IX35 diesel, it’s lovely to drive, free revving, roomy in the cabin, nice looking and everything is so accessible for servicing.

Nearly all of my Irish cousins drive Hyundai,mostly IX35 and Tuscan and they all really rate them.They always tell me that even used Lexus is just way to expensive in Ireland.

24 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The new Kia Stinger is good though - very very good in fact.... especially in Black.

Or maybe not quite as good as LED to believe?

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

They're certainly good value - only problem they have is that the Golf GTI Performance pack exists which is a better all rounder albeit more expensive but makes up for it with the interior quality and design

Golf...  Not very original though is it.  That's like going for an M3 over an ISF.  Easy choice.

You could argue that GTi is beaten by the Golf R and then the RS3 and then the AMG45 and then....  You would end up at a McLaren Senna.

Golfs are good but common.  They look like every other Golf R Line or GTi or R.  

This was 22k with a 5 year warranty and 740 miles on the clock.  Would take the I30N over any golf.  For reasons why I got a ISF ahead of an M3.  Rarer and reliable (please don't say VAG group make reliable cars)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Golf...  Not very original though is it.  That's like going for an M3 over an ISF.  Easy choice.

You could argue that GTi is beaten by the Golf R and then the RS3 and then the AMG45 and then....  You would end up at a McLaren Senna.

Golfs are good but common.  They look like every other Golf R Line or GTi or R.  

This was 22k with a 5 year warranty and 740 miles on the clock.  Would take the I30N over any golf.  For reasons why I got a ISF ahead of an M3.  Rarer and reliable (please don't say VAG group make reliable cars)

Well no, but a GTI is quite a rare site around here. They're either all Golf R's or GTDs. In the right colour, with the right spec, they look great, not to mention, you won't look like a 5 year old child driving one around.

Since when do Hyundai make reliable cars though? We have a few in the family from the I20 to the Tucson and they have more issues than the VAG cars in the family which includes a 10 year old MK5 Golf. Its just offset by the warranty really. 

I think the worst thing are the interiors though. If they got that right, it would be great.

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

Or maybe not quite as good as led to believe?

Not seen the whole thing but he hates it because it doesn't have a proper manual mode. 

I've driven it recently, hence the comment - its a very good car. 

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

its a very good car. 

I didn't say it wasn't - but you've already downgraded it 50% since your last comment 😀 😉 

very very good

I do however think it has been over blown in the excitement that KIA has done it. 

He mentions manual in every auto car - because he's a track  day driver. I do however think over the course of the video he points out where cost savings have been made and the difference between it and a more expensive competitor. Stuff no UK channel is ever going to even look at or notice.

I like it - I just think it gets a few brownie points for being a KIA. 

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Well no, but a GTI is quite a rare site around here. They're either all Golf R's or GTDs. In the right colour, with the right spec, they look great, not to mention, you won't look like a 5 year old child driving one around.

Since when do Hyundai make reliable cars though? We have a few in the family from the I20 to the Tucson and they have more issues than the VAG cars in the family which includes a 10 year old MK5 Golf. Its just offset by the warranty really. 

I think the worst thing are the interiors though. If they got that right, it would be great.

No.  You will look like an estate agent who couldn't afford a Golf R 😉

As for reliability...  5 year warranty helps but also fairly sure they beat VAG group hatches in various surveys (accuracy TBD).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

As for reliability...  5 year warranty helps but also fairly sure they beat VAG group hatches in various surveys (accuracy TBD).

Did someone say estate agent? 😉

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I thought all estate agents drove ISFs?

5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I thought all estate agents drove ISFs?

Na, they walk to work mainly once they've visited the animal sanctuary and helped old people cross the road.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Only the ones that can't afford an RCF/GSF 😉

Estate agents cannot afford the RCF, GSF because 40% of their salary goes to good causes... So they're stuck with the old ISF. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, emjay82 said:

Estate agents cannot afford the RCF, GSF because 40% of their salary goes to good causes... So they're stuck with the old ISF. 

You mean commission don't you 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

You mean commission don't you 😉

'No'..... salary, estate agents give the commission element of their earnings to animal welfare. In addition, GSF' s are dangerous to animals, as seen on 'the grand tour'. 

DSC_0310.thumb.jpg.102350c3cbe044f660bc2e0bf318eae5.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

'No'..... salary, estate agents give the commission element of their earnings to animal welfare. In addition, GSF' s are dangerous to animals, as seen on 'the grand tour'. 

DSC_0310.thumb.jpg.102350c3cbe044f660bc2e0bf318eae5.jpg

Little did that Blue car know, but the time being spanked around the Grand Tour track was just a minor warm up for life with @Mark G 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Little did that Blue car know, but the time being spanked around the Grand Tour track was just a minor warm up for life with @Mark G 😂

The foxes 🦊 of Wiltshire run for cover now.... 

• Like 1