Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

And now for something completely different... Anyone fancy a Korean?

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I like that Hyundai, if it came with an auto box I might be tempted to trade in the F!

Well it rev matches on downshifts so halfway there 😉

• Like 1

I think the current generation of Golf is  dull Inside & out even the R .- much prefer the Mk6 TBO.

The I30N has had really good reviews & I much prefer the way it looks to the Golf for the above reasons. 

Good to have some new kids on the block showing the others how it can be done.

Good choice 👍🏻

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

No.  You will look like an estate agent who couldn't afford a Golf R 😉

As for reliability...  5 year warranty helps but also fairly sure they beat VAG group hatches in various surveys (accuracy TBD).

Maybe but then some could say the I30N driver couldn't afford a golf GTI..... lol

The GTI is more fun than the R is though.  The wheels struggling for grip is always fun. Golf R is a point and shoot weapon.

5 hours ago, Comedian said:

I didn't say it wasn't - but you've already downgraded it 50% since your last comment 😀 😉 

I do however think it has been over blown in the excitement that KIA has done it. 

He mentions manual in every auto car - because he's a track  day driver. I do however think over the course of the video he points out where cost savings have been made and the difference between it and a more expensive competitor. Stuff no UK channel is ever going to even look at or notice.

I like it - I just think it gets a few brownie points for being a KIA. 

That wasn't intentional haha.

No seriously, they've obviously had to cut costs somewhere to make it £40k spec for spec where rivals would cost north of £50k but the way it drives, handles etc is on par with things like the 340i. Personally I think it looks good too. The best bit is the fishtailing though when flooring it at 30-40mph. Wiggles around like a snake - lovely!

I was seriously thinking of one to replace the IS but it needs servicing every 6K when i asked and my wife thinks it's too big for her. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, C.B said:

Did someone who drives a 5.0 V8 say a 2.0 4 pot sounds lovely on this thread or did I dream it 😮

No.  It sounded lovely as far as a hot hatch goes.  If it was a saloon sounding like that then my perception of it would be somewhat different.  

We used to have an R56 Mini Cooper S with JCW exhaust which sounded lovely as well.  So a 1.6l turbo can sound lovely while owning a V8 as well 🙂

Funnily enough I was in it last night.  Sounds like a Group B rally car on full naughty mode.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links