Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

just bought a 05 rx 300 (no air suspension) 94k miles full service history only two previous owners,

absolutely love the car cant believe how it drives for an older car so chuffed! one thing though does anyone have noisy rear suspension/bushes when going over certain roads?

doesn't happen all the time and even going over larger bumps in the road won't always hear it but can sound quite loud, just wondering if anyone has had this happen.

cheers 

• Like 1

thank you! i'll post some pics soon as it really is a credit to it's former owners, it seems to be more of a knock we have speed bumps in our area and it takes these fine

just seems to happen occasionally but at speed and on motorways it's so quiet ! i've had a look on line and people are saying it can be to do with the handbrake cable?

i know it's a heavy car and is old so not expecting it to be like new 

Looking forward to the photos. The knock, as I've discovered, could be a multitude of things.  Hopefully it'll be something simple, good luck with it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club 😂

Sorry I can't answer the question because mine didn't suffer that problem but, having owned an 05-plate RX300 myself, I look forward to seeing the pictures of yours!

On 5/14/2018 at 10:07 PM, archie54 said:

just bought a 05 rx 300 (no air suspension) 94k miles full service history only two previous owners,

absolutely love the car cant believe how it drives for an older car so chuffed! one thing though does anyone have noisy rear suspension/bushes when going over certain roads?

doesn't happen all the time and even going over larger bumps in the road won't always hear it but can sound quite loud, just wondering if anyone has had this happen.

cheers 

Loose spare wheel?

• Like 1

Hi,

I've just bought an RX300 too. I've also got a knock going over uneven roads. I've had a waggle of various bits and on mine it looks like the knock is due to worn anti-roll-bar bushes at the rear of the car. They are quite accessible. If you get under the rear bumper you can see the roll bar running across the car held by two tubular rubber bushes. Give the bar a hefty waggle and if you feel any movement then the bushes are worn and need replacing.

I've just ordered a pair from eBay .

The bad news is the back end is caked in mud so I'm going to have to wire brush all the cack from the mounting brackets and bolts before I can apply some wd40 and let it soak in for a few days before I can undo the bolts and replace the bushes.

Mark.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 5:11 PM, Delphius1 said:

Hi,

I've just bought an RX300 too. I've also got a knock going over uneven roads. I've had a waggle of various bits and on mine it looks like the knock is due to worn anti-roll-bar bushes at the rear of the car. They are quite accessible. If you get under the rear bumper you can see the roll bar running across the car held by two tubular rubber bushes. Give the bar a hefty waggle and if you feel any movement then the bushes are worn and need replacing.

I've just ordered a pair from eBay .

The bad news is the back end is caked in mud so I'm going to have to wire brush all the cack from the mounting brackets and bolts before I can apply some wd40 and let it soak in for a few days before I can undo the bolts and replace the bushes.

Mark.

I think I'll replace my rear bushes. I once had what everyone thought was a loose rear exhaust box on a Vauxhall but it turned out to be radiator mounts, but the sound traveled to the rear fooling everyone.

• Like 1

I've a 350 and noticed a knock from the DSR over rough ground at low speeds last year.  My advice is to get a pry bar and check all the bushes on the rear hubs before going too far into it.  

It actually took me to take the wheel off as the knock only happened when the wheel moved in a certain direction.  Had to replicate it to make sure I could pinpoint the culprit, ended up being two of the three main bushes.  

Worth doing as I wasted time at the start with replacing the easy stuff!

• Like 2

took the car to garage turns out the exhaust brackets had corroded and was a little loose helped a little, garage also said the bushes could be doing with replacing but no rush ( i'll get them done anyway) the loose spare wheel is where i think most of the noise is coming from i'll check it this weekend, has anyone removed the spare and just carry some foam? i'll post some pics of the car too.

IMG_20180515_073905.jpg

IMG_20180515_075115.jpg

IMG_20180521_152932.jpg

IMG_20180521_152940.jpg

IMG_20180521_152946.jpg

IMG_20180521_153026.jpg

IMG_20180521_153007.jpg

Very nice. I do like the wood trim. Prefer it to the aluminium in my 400h.

Is the spare mounted like the 400h? If it is it's under the car and is raised or lowered from under the false boot floor. Easy to check if it's loose.

Very nice, looks well.

We had our RX300 converted to run on LPG and the gas tank was installed in the spare wheel position, so we had no spare and just carried a can of goo. Thankfully, we never had to use it but carried it for smaller punctures and would have contacted breakdown services to come out for anything bigger.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links