Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 SportCross Boot miss aligned

Hi! I'm a new owner of a great running IS200. Great running yes, but quite poor exterior and at the moment my biggest pet peeve is the trunk gap on the right side. I can put the tip of my finger between the rear light and trunk. While the left side Its impossible, any suggestions how I can fix this issue and perhahps what might have caused it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

SOmFVKC.jpg

Hi William, I wonder if  it's been removed at sometime (for whatever reason), and not  replaced properly ?

I imagine there is some adjustment in the hinges ?  I wouldn't think it's the light cluster, as that seems to

line up at the bottom.  Has the car been involved in an accident ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 7:55 PM, ColinBarber said:

79826112_ScreenShot2018-05-15at19_54_35.png.7ecdb9aa8471662b98cd1883de5f9230.png

Sorry, thread hijack.

Glad this popped up again. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

Colin, would you happen to know how to adjust the bonnet catch on my 1st gen IS? There's a very slight up and down when the bonnet is closed. I assume it's the two bolts either side of the catch but wondered if you knew otherwise.

Richard @rich1068 have you tried unwinding the rubber bump stops at each front corner?

If the bonnet closes without needing a hefty slam, then the catch is in a good position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Farqui said:

Richard @rich1068 have you tried unwinding the rubber bump stops at each front corner?

If the bonnet closes without slamming, then the catch is in a good position.

Ah, good point! No I haven't. Thank you. I didn't think of that.

• Like 1