Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H hitting road bumps/spead breakers

fasdone

Hi Guys,

I am a new proud owener of my Lexus IS300h Executive edition(15Reg) 101K miles , Its completely new experience for me loving the car.

I have toyota prius before and have 320 d as well.

Couple of things i am having issues with whenever car is loaded with 5 people its hitting the road bumps , i know the car is low but was not expecting it hit the bumps as i never has this issue with prius the other thing is MPG i was expecting it to be high 50 but getting 42 to 45 roughly as coming from the prius i know how to drive i think.🤔

Any suggestion specially regarding hitting bumps will be very helpful.😊

Thanks

Cant help with the speed bump issue.

MPG wise, we've had our (3 yr old) is300h for nearly a couple of months, and the display says 54mpg, We don't use ours for short trips though.

It's used mostly on A roads and dual carriageways.

Thanks Colin

Tyres are 225/45/17 and inflated to 2.6 bar I think in psi it's 37 

Prius was 2013 t spirit model with 17" tyres  I was getting 54 to 58 mpg city driving / same journey

Thanks

Tyres are the correct size and pressure so no problem there. If these are the small mound speed bumps, that you can put your wheels either side of, then you may have change how you drive over them as the IS is definitely lower than a Prius but worth checking no covers are hanging down or not installed correctly underneath the vehicle.

If you were getting 54 to 58 mpg in a Prius then it isn't unreasonable to see 45 mpg in an IS given that it has a much larger engine, is heavier and less aerodynamic. Low to mid 50s is certainly possible but that would tend to be with longer non-motorway runs. 

Thanks, I will get it checked today if there is anything hanging or loose . also thinking to increase the pressure to maximum recommended for 5 people with luggage which is 2.7 in back and 2.5 in front. 

Regarding MPG I think I can live with it. as you mentioned it’s a very heavy car as compare to Prius with 2.5l engine.

Also want to mention the interior quality is way better than BMW. but have to admit missing the reverse camera and head-up display of Prius also there is no extra space like prius inside the cabine for small bits and bobs. No sapre tire either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links