Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Sat Nav question

Still not a great fan of the Sat Nav on my March 2018 NX300h luxury but following advice on here I booked the vehicle back to the service centre to have two patches applied. They were big files I think as it took over 90 minutes to do. Since then there’s been another little problem, every time I turn the vehicle on and it comes up with the navigation screen it then comes up with a message saying ‘cannot download from the server, can’t connect to the Lexus website’. I press the back button and the message disappears and carrys  on as normal, so not a major issue just annoying. 

It never happened before the patches were applied so why start now. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

This happens when the sat nav tries to contact the centre but there is no wifi. It could be checking to see if there are any routes waiting to download that you have pre done on my lexus.  If you have a mifi unit with sim card or it is tethered to your phone and has a wifi signal then you will not get this message. You will get a message if it has downloaded anything. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, I have connected it to my home wi-fi and tethered it to my phone. Takes up to 30 seconds to connect to either home or phone and by then the message has come up. 

Is there a way to stop it trying to connect as I probably won’t need to download routes anyway?

press menu. Then setup. Scroll down until you find “online”. Click onto that and then turn off internet auto connect. Hopefully that should rectify your annoying problem.