Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Attention All Lowered Is's

DaveEllen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to ask yourself,....do you.!!!!

Hit speed ramps....(i'm guilty of this sometimes)or do you go over them gently?

Kerb your car i.e when mounting a pavement?

Do you avoid potholes?

Is one side wearing more than the other?(control arms may look straight)

All of the above are factors that will contribute to your settings being knocked out of line....

Hit speed ramps....(i'm guilty of this sometimes)or do you go over them gently?  SLOWLY SLOWLY

Kerb your car i.e when mounting a pavement? NEVER

Do you avoid potholes? TRY HARD

Is one side wearing more than the other?(control arms may look straight) EXACTLY THE SAME !!

All of the above are factors that will contribute to your settings being knocked out of line....

SEE above

Hit speed ramps....(i'm guilty of this sometimes)or do you go over them gently?

Kerb your car i.e when mounting a pavement?

Do you avoid potholes?

Is one side wearing more than the other?(control arms may look straight)

Pete, absolutely NOT.

My 900 miles was from Motorway driving and normal road driving with roundabouts etc.

But remember mine was not tracked because the garage who did the tracking were a bunch of women's blouses as they could not get my camber bolts off..

I have had 4 new tires 2 weeks ago, only yo find the tire shop COULD get my camber bolts loose to do the 4 wheel alignment.

I have recently got my £80 back from the womens blouses...For the tracking which was not done.

I do have the print out of the tracking settings when I had excessive front inner tyre ware, and they were in the red a little more then now.

Im not saying that you are guilty of this?....its just that these will not help the settings.

So then?....I have done nearly 1k of urban motoring(since H&R's went on) and there is NO tyre wear, and some members are having these problems?

It cant be the fact that they have coilovers(many do),so where does the problem occur,or is it the people that say they can use laser equipment...i dont know.

I don't know neither Pete.

But I know one thing. My car is lowered 45mm so far, I have had it tracked now with 4 news tyres and watching them carefully in case.

I also Know the settings on the camber adjustments have been Max'd out, so if my tires are still waring uneven, it''ll have to mean something need to be done.

I am think of lifting the setting up to -35mm though :unsure: but I still think this will not help the settings... Have you got a print out of your tracking settings Pete?

ok......

this may go over a few of your heads.

but ive been sat here reading this about camber problems, i sat back ponderd for a while, and then i realised i know what all your problems are.....

and i will bet £50 now .......

when you had your springs/coilovers installed i will bet a pound to a pich of salt, that the top mounts have been installed incorrectly.

the top mounts have 2 arrows on them which are supposed to point to the outside and slightly forward........so e.g the left ones will look like this....\\ and the right ones ....//

of the car, when installed, if there not the Camber will be out, before any effects of the car being lowerd are taken into account, also the effects will be aggrivated whilst turning...

unfortunatly the only way to check is to drop the front struts.

ok......

but ive been sat here reading this about camber problems, i sat back ponderd for a while, and then i realised i know what all your problems are.....

when you had your springs/coilovers installed i will bet a pound to a pich of salt, that the top mounts have been installed incorrectly.

the top mounts have 2 arrows on them which are supposed to point to the outside and slightly forward........so e.g the left ones will look like this....\\ and the right ones ....//

of the car, when installed, if there not the Camber will be out, before any effects of the car being lowerd are taken into account, also the effects will be aggrivated whilst turning...

Sounds logical...........

Does it mention this on the instructions ?

Wonder what Mark @ TDi has to say ?

Would explain mine anyway........

nope, not mentioned in any fitting instructions, not so sure with Coilover fitting instructions..but the std top mounts are not used with coilovers well HKS ones anyway.

but i was more refering to those with problems after just changing springs

Well....as some had used Lexus workshops to fit springs/dampers i would expect them to know this wouldn't you?

I can understand it if its a self install,incidentlly i marked mine so as to get them in exactly the same place as they came off.

i agree pete,when i get mine i wouldnt have thought of the top mounts if thats the case,it makes me wonder about lex garages.when i was checking on the spring sizes they hadnt a clue,but now i know from lex gb so its cool.

Well....as some had used Lexus workshops to fit springs/dampers i would expect them to know this wouldn't you?

I can understand it if its a self install,incidentlly i marked mine so as to get them in exactly the same place as they came off.

no.......i wouldnt expect them to know.

they follow the book, but how many times do people think, oh ive done this sort of thing before, and just follow the book for the bits there unsure off.

if you honestly place that much trust in anyone...........

its an easy mistake to overlook as the arrows are stamped in, and not coloured.

but hey what do i know, i havnt seen anyone else come up with a viable reason for this problem.....oh sorry yes they have, Lexus dealerships did there tracking and alignment...but it couldnt possibly be that they dont know how to use the equipment properly, just like they know about the correct orentation of the top mounts.............

take your pick

i have just got my 4 wheel laser adjustment done this eves - and the fronts are fine now,and there is still quite a bit of adjustment on the cam. but just reading the sheet now, they forgot to adjust the camber at the rear !! :tsktsk: so back to them tomo!

the shop only opened last week and all their equipment is excelllent quality and they know how to use it, so as some people say is it finger trouble - but aslo when i did my springs i indexed everything so it goes back in the same position.

ps anyone know what: FAHRACHSWINKEL is??????? mat?

ok......

Mat,

I noticed the arrows on mine when I swapped the TTE coilovers (which retain the top mounts as you know).

I marked them wirh a paint pen when I took them off sothat I'd know which way to put them back on again.

Maybe thats why I'm not getting tyre wear !!!

grad = degrees

sounds like camber, oh how those germans like to spice up their language

nah camber is sturz, spur is tracking and nachlauf is castor. i couldnt be bothered to write degrees so just wrote grad -have to start getting uesed to writing as im starting my german course next month :blink::unsure: mm we shall see!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links