Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Attention All Lowered Is's

DaveEllen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really dont like the idea of using this kit to adjust ur camber - can see probs occuring down the line - shock damage etc - shocks are not designed to take the side loads involved.

on the Impreza Rob, there is an elongated hole in this part of the damper body to assist with camber adjustment, so...i dont forsee any major problems if these camber bolts are fitted.

i have orderd the Cusco replacement top arms though to try out.....

see what ur saying but as they were not designed to take the side load i dont like the idea of them - never mind the chafing that could occur

Fluff,

Could you clarify what you mean for me please....

What I'm expecting these things to do is get over the limited camber adjustment (seemingly) available for lowered IS's.

Say I'm 1/2 a degree out with std then these should give me that.

Would this be ok ? I'm not looking for wild settings at all...

Ta

Dave

i mean that shocks are designed to take linear loads ie straight up/down, but if you use the bolt that pushes against the side of the shock absorber ( going by the picture that was shown with the article for sale) that will be placing a side load onto it, - also as the bolt is against the side of the shock, chafing/rubbing could occur resulting in wear on the bolt or the shock.

as for limited settings, i am thinking that there is more to the whole situation - ihave the car -30mm also and got my 4 wheel laser alignment done 2 days ago and the guys had no probs at all getting the required settings - i looked at the cams and there was quite a bit of adjustment left! maybe as mat suggests the shocks were not installed in the correct orientation?