Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC Wheel Alternative

Big Rat

I see that Lexus Chester have this car on the forecourt, personally never seen this wheel before I think it's rather nice, suits the car body colour as well

IMG_0805.thumb.JPG.a83190a50f55fe420545701cc2538aee.JPG

Big Rat

Thats the LC Base wheel

I agree, look much better than the chrome Sport+ ones. They look to be the perfect size as well. I think the 21" ones are too big and makes the car look like its come out of hot wheels

• Like 1

Yes. I have these dark grey/silver wheels on mine and they look fine against the red bodywork. The ride is pretty good as well over our pothole strewn lanes.

I think the 21 inch "bling" wheels are a bit of number inflation. "My Aston has 20 inch wheels. Ah, my Lexus has 21 inch!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Yes. I have these dark grey/silver wheels on mine and they look fine against the red bodywork. The ride is pretty good as well over our pothole strewn lanes.

I think the 21 inch "bling" wheels are a bit of number inflation. "My Aston has 20 inch wheels. Ah, my Lexus has 21 inch!"

Are yours runflats as well? I know the 21" ones are. 

Its all getting a bit ridiculous with wheels now. The 21" ones on the new Audi's with an elastic band tyre just look daft - even worse when they're all scuffed up from the kerbs

The 20 inch tyres are runflats and I don't even have a pump/foam kit in the boot!

Interestingly, my tyres are Bridgestone Turanza T005 and not the expected Potenza type. I had Potenzas on my DB9 and they gave a very harsh ride and I eventually changed them to Michelin Pilot SuperSport which were much nicer to drive on. I thought the LC was originally announced with Michelin PSS but maybe these were not available as RFT.

The low profile bragging contest has got ridiculous now with 35 profile typical on "GTIs".

On 5/18/2018 at 9:52 AM, Big Rat said:

I see that Lexus Chester have this car on the forecourt, personally never seen this wheel before I think it's rather nice, suits the car body colour as well

IMG_0805.thumb.JPG.a83190a50f55fe420545701cc2538aee.JPG

Big Rat

I agree - really like those wheels. The LC500 I test drove had the yucky bling wheels on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Completely agree with everyone here - I've never understood this cult of huge rims and skinny tyres. I had 20" wheels on my previous BMW 640i and hated the ride so I configured my current 640 on 18s. So much better to drive in all respects.

I've got an LC500 Sport+ on test drive for two days next week. I'll see how I get on with the 21" wheels; it might be the deciding factor in whether I change or stick with BMW, at least you get a choice when configuring the latter.