Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Increasing adverts on LOC?

The one at the top of the screen when viewing on my phone is really getting on my nerves.

It hides some of the icons I use and it’s hit and miss as to whether you can slide it out of the way.

2 hours ago, Verbout said:

The one at the top of the screen when viewing on my phone is really getting on my nerves.

It hides some of the icons I use and it’s hit and miss as to whether you can slide it out of the way.

I thought I read that being a gold member meant less ads, maybe I misread but I agree, using a phone as I do means some cover half the screen.

22 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

All new to me, would you care to elaborate?

If you're on google Chrome its a godsend and free.

I got the roll of ads along the top and the block on the bottom but they are non intrusive.  Ad block is currently blocking 21 adverts as I post so I'd struggle to use the site with 21 more.

37 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

Not only are the adverts annoying I find some are inappropriate. Why would I want to date a mature woman???

If this site is like many other forums and sites in general, the 'owner' of the site/forum/board/etc doesn't provide the ads and has no control over them. They are provided by third-party 'advert suppliers' or media companies.

Having said that, there are sophisticated algorithms at work to make sure that the ads are more relevant to each of us. Have you never noticed that you may look for a cordless drill on eBay for example, then the next time you look at Autotrader or something, lo and behold, adverts appear for cordless drills at Screwfix?

Agree the ads are becoming too intrusive. As a gold member I expected fewer/no ads. I totally understand hosting costs money but surely gold membership more than covers any lost ad revenue  

Right now I’m getting an ad about nursing care covering the top of the page. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, colin79666 said:

Agree the ads are becoming too intrusive. As a good member I expected fewer/no ads. I totally understand hosting costs money but surely gold membership more than covers any lost ad revenue  

Right now I’m getting an ad about nursing care covering the top of the page. 

Netflix ad this morning....which I already have!

• Haha 1

Ok Mature woman....... check got one of those 

Makita drills....... check I'm a builder lots of those 

Care homes........ I'm over sixty so I'll check that later 

Do you want to date Asian Russian Phillipino ladies............:whistling:

Big Rat

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Not only are the adverts annoying I find some are inappropriate. Why would I want to date a mature woman???

You speak for :yahoo:yourself 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Ok Mature woman....... check got one of those 

Makita drills....... check I'm a builder lots of those 

Care homes........ I'm over sixty so I'll check that later 

Big Rat

Hmm, I'm a tradesman and I've only got Bosch, and my mature woman is Irish, although I am over 60, do you think that's OK or am I lacking something?🤔🍀

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

I'm not sure I follow your argument. I think Asian, Russian and Fillipino ladies can be mature too! And to be pedantic, Fillipino's are technically Asians! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

I'm not sure I follow your argument. I think Asian, Russian and Fillipino ladies can be mature too! And to be pedantic, Fillipino's are technically Asians! 😉

@Ala Larj Matey I'm rubbish at this world population ethnic stuff....... mind you it's understandable I'm half french half Greek born in singapore.......oh and just to top Mrs Rat is Half Jamican and half Maori......which is why i DO EVERYTHING IM TOLD 😂

Big Rat

• Haha 1

[mention=39111]Ala Larj[/mention] ..which is why i DO EVERYTHING IM TOLD [emoji23]
Big Rat

:D as.....if

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Ala Larj Matey I'm rubbish at this world population ethnic stuff....... mind you it's understandable I'm half french half Greek born in singapore.......oh and just to top Mrs Rat is Half Jamican and half Maori......which is why i DO EVERYTHING IM TOLD 😂

Big Rat

Lived in Singapore as a nipper (army brat). The married quarter backed onto Changi prison and at the bottom of the garden was a watch tower. I recall my dad shouting at them to shut up in a Windsor Davies style most nights as they' be jabbering away. Nowt to do with the thread but a tenuous link 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

My wife is Indian so know exactly what you mean!😉

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Martin F said:

It would have been good to have had some feedback on this one from a moderator, but it seems not 😞

I haven't got this problem so can't really report on it.