Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Increasing adverts on LOC?

51 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I haven't got this problem so can't really report on it.

Maybe it's because I mostly use my phone and it blocks the screen more? I'm using the desktop now and still have ads (Meet and greet, parking made easy at Heathrow today) The last couple of weeks I've had a big ad on my phone for Muslim aid, prior to that it's chocolate!  

Hi all.:driving:

At this present moment in time i have the add for Harrys razors and next to that homeless man buy's a Ferrari:g:

I suppose it helps to pay for all our enjoyment off this forum and no doubt brings in some cash so we don't seem to have a great deal off choice in my view.:huh:

65mike:driving:

6 hours ago, 65mike said:

At this present moment in time i have the add for Harrys razors and next to that homeless man buy's a Ferrari:g:

I suppose it helps to pay for all our enjoyment off this forum and no doubt brings in some cash so we don't seem to have a great deal off choice in my view.:huh:

On a positive note, I bought a Harry's razor after seeing an ad and it's pretty good!!

On 5/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, The-Acre said:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the increase in frequency and size of these ads?  

Nah... adblocker on.. forgotten how the adds looks like.... 

17 hours ago, 65mike said:

I tried the Harry's razors never again made face sore and could not get a decent shave:g:

Not that I'm now making my own advertising considering this post but, I find the opposite. I haven't shaved properly for years due to razor burn etc, with Harry's I no longer look like a vagrant! I've thankfully never touched a babies bottom, but had I ever done so I'm sure I would now feel the comparison between one and my chin! 

There seems to be more adverts everywhere especially on commercial TV channels now it’s been increased to 12 minutes an hour plus on top of this the sponsorship and promos. 

Anyway back to shaving......

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 1:40 PM, Bluesman said:

I haven't got this problem so can't really report on it.

10 hours ago, steve2006 said:

There seems to be more adverts everywhere especially on commercial TV channels now it’s been increased to 12 minutes an hour plus on top of this the sponsorship and promos. 

So neither moderator knows anything about the advertising policy on LOC, or are you saying adverts have increased in line with TV channels? 

Also could you clarify if Gold Members are supposed to see less adverts or the same as regular members, some confusion here on that one. 

I use tapatalk so don't see ads but when I use a pc they are there, after to paying to not see them.

The answer is to vote with your wallet I suspect.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

So if anyone wants......... a driveway........ or an extension........... exterior timber structures.........

Just go to the Isf/Rcf/Gsf.. pages of LOC and 'Ratty builders.com Plc Ltd' will help....... large amount of cash up front...... non refundable deposit for rubbish workmanship............. Oh LOC mods am I in breach :yahoo:

Bug Rat

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

So if anyone wants......... a driveway........ or an extension........... exterior timber structures.........

Just go to the Isf/Rcf/Gsf.. pages of LOC and 'Ratty builders.com Plc Ltd' will help....... large amount of cash up front...... non refundable deposit for rubbish workmanship............. Oh LOC mods am I in breach :yahoo:

Bug Rat

Not so fast, this is my post. Ignore the above everyone. Now, if anyone wants a new kitchen, built in wardrobes, new gate (bespoke of course)......

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@The-Acre Phil sounds if we should tue up then full page ad for us both...... double gold discount........🙃

🐀

We'll make a fortune!  In fact I'm off car hunting now on the strength of your suggestion.🚘

• Like 1

Big Rat you cannot be any worse than some off the cowboys i have had i had the bloke who thought me was a excellent tiler and then proceeded to hammer a plate in my expensive hall carpet a bodger, then the carpenter who hung my interior doors and left screws out and the bathroom handle loose on the inside.:blowup:

Anyway talking about adverts the Remington man is here to tell you how he brought the company.:taz:

• Haha 1

@65mike Mike in 45 years of being in the trades only got it badly wrong twice...... ill share them with you all..........

About ten years ago I completely refurbed a fairly large property for a friend/ landlord fairly substantial landscaping as well as the interior two bathrooms new kitchen skim plaster the whole property and redecorate. The final phase was solid oak floor lay through out the ground floor, so far so good 7 weeks without a hitch for  the site.

I was just in the process of drilling the small holes for the final door threshold bar between the hall and dining room, drill bit went straight through a central heating pipe in the concrete and water erupted under pressure like a geezer........😫

Just by sheer chance immediately to right was a large stack of the yellow muck buckets all empty which were used to catch the majority of the filthy black water.......lesson learnt don't trust detectors to find copper encased in plastic....🤓

Second one large farm house refloor timber joists replaced big job over a considerable length of time, nearing its end in one of the ensuites I overreached to get a powered tool and passed straight through the plasterboard ceiling into the utility room below landing at the feet at the clients wife.... who said completely unabashed " Cup of tea lovee" 😂😂😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@65mike Mike in 45 years of being in the trades only got it badly wrong twice...... ill share them with you all..........

About ten years ago I completely refurbed a fairly large property for a friend/ landlord fairly substantial landscaping as well as the interior two bathrooms new kitchen skim plaster the whole property and redecorate. The final phase was solid oak floor lay through out the ground floor, so far so good 7 weeks without a hitch for  the site.

I was just in the process of drilling the small holes for the final door threshold bar between the hall and dining room, drill bit went straight through a central heating pipe in the concrete and water erupted under pressure like a geezer........😫

Just by sheer chance immediately to right was a large stack of the yellow muck buckets all empty which were used to catch the majority of the filthy black water.......lesson learnt don't trust detectors to find copper encased in plastic....🤓

Second one large farm house refloor timber joists replaced big job over a considerable length of time, nearing its end in one of the ensuites I overreached to get a powered tool and passed straight through the plasterboard ceiling into the utility room below landing at the feet at the clients wife.... who said completely unabashed " Cup of tea lovee" 😂😂😂

Big Rat

There is no answer to that really just complete and utter bad luck i trust you have learnt from you unfortunate mistakes and you are now 100% perfect now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

I hope you accepted the tea. Am sure it would have been rude not to!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Ala Larj Absolutely once the dust had cleared the other guys gathered round and not a moment of bantering p... take was heard... much 😂

🐀

I also have a tale of tradesman woe, before detectors. I drilled a hole in a kitchen wall just 3" from an external copper pipe.  The drill hit a live cable, the electricity arced across the chuck and burned a hole in the copper pipe causing a mains gushing!  The days before consumer units with breakers of course.  Lesson learned? not really. 

• Like 1