Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ls400 cigarette lighter not working

Hi guys

I have bought a lovely 2000 v reg Lexus ls400 in green with DHP wheels. It looks lovely and drives beautiful and only has 92000 miles on clock. Only 1 issue though, I tried charging my phone but the cigarette lighter is not working, the ones on the rear doors work though, what could be the issue? Is there a separate fuse for the one in the front?

Hi guys

I have bought a lovely 2000 v reg Lexus ls400 in green with DHP wheels. It looks lovely and drives beautiful and only has 92000 miles on clock. Only 1 issue though, I tried charging my phone but the cigarette lighter is not working, the ones on the rear doors work though, what could be the issue? Is there a separate fuse for the one in the front?
Common problem is that there is a small wire on the back that deteriorates. Requires you to take the ashtray unit out to repair

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've never had the front one working not just in my LS400"s but some cars of other makes of cars as well, ( had 4 LS 400's), all the back seat ones have worked, I am a smoker

26 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

any pics messsi?

I'll put some up later when I get a chance. 

42 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Thanks for that Steve 

Nice one. Would it be rude to ask how much, private or dealer? If the lighter is your only issue you've done well! And the most important question, does your daughter prefer it over the SC?

Thanks guys, my daughter was saying today she misses the sc but that this car has more room in it. 

I bought the car from a private owner who had it for 6 years, he only sold it to me because he was suffering from cancer and is retiring from driving. He had an ls430 too, he selling that but I told him I prefer the ls400. I payed £2000 for it. He wanted £2700 But I knocked him down and yes the lighter is the only issue 

15 minutes ago, messi said:

Thanks guys, my daughter was saying today she misses the sc but that this car has more room in it. 

I bought the car from a private owner who had it for 6 years, he only sold it to me because he was suffering from cancer and is retiring from driving. He had an ls430 too, he selling that but I told him I prefer the ls400. I payed £2000 for it. He wanted £2700 But I knocked him down and yes the lighter is the only issue 

Excellent, well done.  Sad reason for someone to sell but life has to go on.

The hardest part is carefully dissassembling the ashtray unit itself, but if you have patience and take photos as you go so you know how it goes back together you should be okay.

Good luck!

Thanks Connor. I'm rubbish at this kind of stuff. I'll try and do it myself if I can, unless someone on here can do it for me 🙂

I know this may sound daft but I had the same issue and all it turned out to be the ashtray wasn't plugged in! Someone had had it apart at some point and just not connected it. Easy to check by lifting the wood out. Just be careful not to damage it with a screwdriver. 

Hi Matt

Well someone has fitted one of those old Nokia 6610 cradle things with a speaker attached to the sun visor so you could be on to something there. Incidentally today I tried the air con and nothing, it wouldn't engage and the air con light was flashing, so I had it topped up and still flashing, they checked for leaks, and there were no leaks. The air pump looks new so I'm going to check the fuse or relay. But where is the relay for air con? I've checked the engine bay and nothing in there that says air con o  it, unless it's got something else written on it 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SamuelBrown said:

I'm simply sick of these stupid cigar lighter sockets we all use. I've just removed one that had largely melted and purchased a portable stylish plasma cigarette lighter that I constantly use without any issues. If you are interested what I mean, check this out https://plasmarex.com .

I would imagine that the overwhelming majority of Lexus owners use the  lighter socket as an electrical power source rather than as a source of ignition.

Or have I missed the point completely Samuel ? 

I would imagine that the overwhelming majority of Lexus owners use the  lighter socket as an electrical power source rather than as a source of ignition.
Or have I missed the point completely Samuel ? 
Looks like it's a botted post roy

What is a botted post please Connor ?
It's not a person responding. It's a computer program posting after seeing certain keywords.

I'd be surprised if it's a genuine user and post

1 hour ago, Connor2x4 said:

It's not a person responding. It's a computer program posting after seeing certain keywords.

I'd be surprised if it's a genuine user and post

Well, one lives and learns !

Many thanks for the technological update Connor.

We`ll see if anything develops!

• Like 1