Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Threw a dirty bucket a water over the ct this morning

Well no it wasnt really a dirty bucket lol.

after a year and a half of ownership in still happy with the paint finish on my ct. Just finished the morning giveing her the summer coat of wax.

basic list was...

preassure wash each stage...

citrus prewash

snowfoam

wash

fallout remover

claybar

remaining tar removed

wax

windows/tyres dressed

she came up well after few winter washes due to constantly raining when i could wash her lol.

4BE3851F-CE33-431C-9EC4-815F5070470A.jpeg

09B69477-94AB-4C4A-905E-EEB6348585DA.jpeg

5D7ED257-A35F-49D0-8325-A102F63DF170.jpeg

B4F9E18A-E294-48C6-A95E-D637029AE69A.jpeg

15648BEE-B421-4B9D-9D5A-E803704FCE93.jpeg

09C762E0-09FC-47C9-8229-DF82245D5BA9.jpeg

24870F3E-C762-4FBB-8367-DBBF97BAFF67.jpeg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Very nice - still looking great!

What on earth did you put on the car to make it look like that? Doesnt look like wax haze!

Ahh, yeah that was the Autoglym magma iron fallout remover. Tbh first time ive used it but seemed to work well. Basically spray on then soft wipe over with a mitt/cloth then leave for 5mins. Feels  rough on paint and i had doubts how easy it would come off but powerwashed off fine. Used most of bottle to get around car so 1bottle 1 use really.

32 minutes ago, floggit said:

Ahh, yeah that was the autoglym magma iron fallout remover. Tbh first time ive used it but seemed to work well. Basically spray on then soft wipe over with a mitt/cloth then leave for 5mins. Feels  rough on paint and i had doubts how easy it would come off but powerwashed off fine. Used most of bottle to get around car so 1bottle 1 use really.

Bloody hell you got through loads then - Id probably need 2 bottles to get around the RX.

Have you tried other products, like BH Korrosol, Carchem Revolt etc? 

If you need loads, Autosmart Red7 is the way to go as it comes in 5L and is much cheaper than the others

Nice job on the car. :thumbsup:

I've got a bottle of Magma to try out at some point. I believe it's supposed to smell decent compared to other fallout removers?

I must say I don't like the idea of agitating it with a mitt once its on. I'll probably just spray it on and leave it to work naturally.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Bloody hell you got through loads then - Id probably need 2 bottles to get around the RX.

Have you tried other products, like BH Korrosol, Carchem Revolt etc? 

If you need loads, Autosmart Red7 is the way to go as it comes in 5L and is much cheaper than the others

They do-suggest placing in another spray bottle with better spray pattern but i dudnt have anything to hand. First peoduct of this type ive tried. 

14 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Nice job on the car. :thumbsup:

I've got a bottle of Magma to try out at some point. I believe it's supposed to smell decent compared to other fallout removers?

I must say I don't like the idea of agitating it with a mitt once its on. I'll probably just spray it on and leave it to work naturally.

I did try just spraying but it didnt seem to cover well then read bottle and it does say to agitate for full coverage. Tbh it hasnt left any marks in the paint so it seems ok.

it smells ok but i wouldnt splash it all over 😂

• Like 1

Yep supposedly smells better but Id rather use the most pungent one on earth with a peg over my nose than splash through a bottle of it on a hatchback!!

But have to say, BH Korrosol doesn't smell that bad anyway

• Thanks 1