Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Customer Service Experience / Cost Saving

Hi,

One of the reasons I bought my Lexus was the customer service experience.  I've owned BMWs and Mercedes but I always felt like a number to them rather than a person.  Overall, I've been very impressed with Lexus customer service over the past few years but I'm just starting to feel some corners are being cut.  I won't mention who my local dealer is, but has been my experience with my latest Service/MOT booking.

• I was contacted about my MOT through the contact centre (which was useful as I had forgotten about it).  Decided to book the MOT and an early service at the same time.  It seems the new system no longer sends out a e-mail/sms confirmation to the customer.  As they called when I was on a customer site, I did not write down the information as I'm use receiving an e-mail confirmation.   Just seems stupid to replace a system with less functionality as the original one.
  • My car is booked in for two weeks time.  I called today to see if a loan car was available as I've been asked to attend a customer meeting the day it is booked in.  The only cars being offered are the CT.  Okay, I might be a little snobbish here, but driving a GS450H, a £50K+ (when new) car, I would have hoped for something a little better.  Maybe an NX or something?  Mercedes always offered me a C-Class Estate or E-Class.

I know these seem like 1st world problems ... but when Lexus are trying to compete with other marques in the same league, every change is noticeable.

On the positive side, I already know the car will pass the MOT with flying colours and the only issue during the service will be an observation that I need new rear discs .... but they have been saying this for the past 30k miles.

SW

30 minutes ago, Northern_Si said:

Hi,

One of the reasons I bought my Lexus was the customer service experience.  I've owned BMWs and Mercedes but I always felt like a number to them rather than a person.  Overall, I've been very impressed with Lexus customer service over the past few years but I'm just starting to feel some corners are being cut.  I won't mention who my local dealer is, but has been my experience with my latest Service/MOT booking.

• I was contacted about my MOT through the contact centre (which was useful as I had forgotten about it).  Decided to book the MOT and an early service at the same time.  It seems the new system no longer sends out a e-mail/sms confirmation to the customer.  As they called when I was on a customer site, I did not write down the information as I'm use receiving an e-mail confirmation.   Just seems stupid to replace a system with less functionality as the original one.
  • My car is booked in for two weeks time.  I called today to see if a loan car was available as I've been asked to attend a customer meeting the day it is booked in.  The only cars being offered are the CT.  Okay, I might be a little snobbish here, but driving a GS450H, a £50K+ (when new) car, I would have hoped for something a little better.  Maybe an NX or something?  Mercedes always offered me a C-Class Estate or E-Class.

I know these seem like 1st world problems ... but when Lexus are trying to compete with other marques in the same league, every change is noticeable.

On the positive side, I already know the car will pass the MOT with flying colours and the only issue during the service will be an observation that I need new rear discs .... but they have been saying this for the past 30k miles.

SW

I still get text messages. I got one for my old car as well and was like "what?!" because it was a generic text for the service and MOT but on my latest car I already had it done in January so rung up and they took the old car off the record so its still there. That was this month.

Which car they have available is luck of the draw on the day. Ive got CTs before as well as a few IS and the NX. 

Few years back I was getting some IS'es, but now only CT's. My guess is that.. if they hope to sell you new car they will give you better loan car, but because I told them times and times again I am disappointed with how 300h drives and my IS is getting very old now.. they just give me CT. If I would make enquiry about upgrade without promising anything I am sure I would get very same car I have mentioned as a loner.. coincidence?. no it isn't.

I also get CT. It's the cheapest way to lend a car and let people on the road see the new model.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Never had a car off Lexus Sheffield. I've only had my IS since last August but it has been in once or twice. However, I prefer to get the work done as quickly as possible and if I don't ask for a loan car I'm in within a day or two. 

The service I receive from Lexus Sheffield is second to none. Well over and above what you'd expect after buying a 5 grand car off them. For example this morning I needed some coolant. The service department were quite willing to lend me an already opened 5l until Monday when I could return it to them because they didn't have any 1l bottles to buy.

I still get text messages. Booked mine in on Friday for MOT. They did ask if I wanted a curtesy car but for MOT's I find they are done in an hour so I just have a wander around and lap up the free coffee and biscuits. Last courtesy car I had was an RX.