Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h voice control

Recently bought a 2018 RX450h (uk) and am struggling with the setting up of the voice control. Followed the instructions to the letter, but the system simple does not correctly recognise the commands. Is there any magical way of doing this, or is it simply rubbish.

About the same as all of them, I had 2 Jags before the RX and they perform the same, sometimes they understand the command and others they dont. Any sort of accent will also play havoc with them, I personally don't bother anymore

As Dewillia said. Dont bother, the voice recognition is useless and if trying to handsfree call by the time it even tries to dial a number (usually the wrong one) you will have lost the will to live.

Enjoy the car, I love mine, but forget the voice recognition

I was a little peed off at first to find my 300h didn't have voice recognition available, but reading some of the comments about it

I'm not so worried.

Thanks for the replies. I came to the conclusion that it is quicker to use the menu than the voice control even if I could get it to work! I love the car in all other respects. 

I see from YouTube that the US have ‘Lexus Enform’ app which looks good, also a voice training protocol for the voice control system. It would be good to have that software in the U.K. too.