Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front cabin air filter - part number required

Hi guys, long time no post. 

I'm having problems with Euro Car Parts. Does anyone know the part number for the 430's cabin air filter. 

I have a MKII if that is relevant.

Thanks in advance. 

Nuggets sent me wrong brake pads for my daughters Fiat 500 and when I went to local counter to exchange them for correct ones " you got them 'on-line' so we can't exchange them without a returns Number, you have to phone customer service and get one, but you will be on hold for a very long time"

He wasn't 'king kidding, 35 mins on hold in car park to spend a 30 seconds conversation getting a returns number, brilliant! So god help you if you get the wrong part sent ( either your fault or theirs) cause your gonna be listening to 5hite music for 1/2 an Hour!

paul m.

• Haha 1

Oh, I've called, emailed, Tweeted, the lot. Most of the time with no response. I spoke to a very very rude agent via online chat who eventually agreed to send me a new part (I refused to send back the incorrect part after the farce of getting through to someone) and I got the exact same incorrect part. They're flipping useless!

On 5/23/2018 at 8:21 PM, willskoda said:

I got the exact same incorrect part. They're flipping useless!

If your using a visa card just do an indemnity on it & money goes straight back into your account

I won't be doing anything until I get at least get a refund from them. I was trying to take advantage of one of their many sales and the filter was just over £7 I believe. Not a lot to lose in the grand scheme of things but it's the principal now!

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

If your using a visa card just do an indemnity on it & money goes straight back into your account

Wasn't a credit card but a debit. Still Visa but not sure how I go about doing that. Any ideas?

5 hours ago, willskoda said:

Wasn't a credit card but a debit. Still Visa but not sure how I go about doing that. Any ideas?

Yes, I actually meant a visa 'debit card', just go to your bank and ask them to do an indemnity refund on the card, it'll be back on your card within seconds, you can also go back many years if there's anything else from way back when!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dendonc said:

Yes, I actually meant a visa 'debit card', just go to your bank and ask them to do an indemnity refund on the card, it'll be back on your card within seconds, you can also go back many years if there's anything else from way back when!

Powerful stuff - never knew you could do this with a debit card.

https://www.money.co.uk/guides/chargeback-claims-how-to-get-your-money-back.htm

not sure why any retailer would ever want to take a remote card payment .....  I certainly won't in the future and I'm a travel agent .......  they can all do bank transfers in the future.

We have had chargebacks where the customer is clearly lying to their bank and we still get charged back, even with proof of their lying ! ...... the retailer is always in the wrong ..........  the banks and Govt are shooting themselves in the foot with this one ......  many retailers will eventually just stop taking remote card payments

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

they can all do bank transfers in the future.

Personally, I will not do bank transfers with private individuals either on the net or even if I have met them a couple of times, again personally, I think it's reckless for someone to give me their bank acc't details to pay them it would make me a suspect if anything happens to their account.

As regards established traders, I would so long as they were established, >but<, with a debit card no need to worry for reasons already pointed out, no need for traders to inhibit their potential sales either, use Paypal! Apart from anything else, if people trade across the net any buyer should/would/does expect them to have the correct facilities in place so the buyer can spend & buy with peace of mind, the facilities are there for it. 

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

use Paypal!

you clearly don't understand the economics of running a business ...  paypal charge about 4% to the retailer, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

Malc

Some interesting points Malcolm. Went to the bank this morning and a claim raised with Halifax. Their team will consider the evidence given and I'll learn more in 7-10 days. Not quite the instant refund a la DD Guarantee. Not sure how things differ with credit card payments over £100.

In other news, no word from Euro Car Parts, still...