Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is walking away the right thing to do?

57 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Lexus Edgware Road when I bought my GS450

Was the showroom in photo where you went/ 'cause there was a non lexus dealer called Jem lexus just down from there trading, I think they've now had to remove 'Lexus' from their name.

Lexus edgware rd showroom

Edgware Rd Lex.png

Was the showroom in photo where you went/ 'cause there was a non lexus dealer called Jem lexus just down from there trading, I think they've now had to remove 'Lexus' from their name.
Lexus edgware rd showroom

544635213_EdgwareRdLex.thumb.png.27f77d544abb40e90aa9371184e550a2.png

Yes. Had I bought it from ‘Jem Lexus’ I would have said so. It was only last year and I’m hopefully some years away from senility.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 5/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, Burroo 67 said:

Very interesting to read the discussions about "Sold as Seen".  To be honest, I did think it was illegal and certainly will not be signing anything I'm not sure of in relation to the Lexus.

My final roll of the dice was to go back to the dealer and offer £7600 if they would also do the water pump and service the Hybrid system and they have agreed, so I am getting the timing belt, and water pump replaced and getting the Hybrid system serviced for £350, which I believe is a great deal as my own mechanic reckoned £400-£500 to just do the timing belt.

Wish me luck with my new car......

Good luck with the car!

Ive also had a bad experience with Lexus Edgeware Road when looking for the IS for my wife.

Just didn't feel welcome at all so I spent my money at Lexus Chester instead 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it is easy. There are two ways to buy a car.

1. Go to a main dealer and pay well over the odds, but....get a top rated deal and all the extras.

2). Go private and do your homework etc and remember you are buying 50% is the car, 50% the buyer. Is the seller 'normal'. That means all the paperwork is top notch etc.

Here it just smells a bit odd to me. Buying at a Lexus dealer should not be an iffy purchase. I suspect you might get a great deal, but remember, the reason you are on here asking for advice is because 30% of you is uncomfortable.

'Car fever' is a terrible condition. Happened to me once on a Vauxhall Cavalier! Everything was wrong ..... but I really really really wanted it. Bought it and it was wrong. Luckily I got my money back.

Since then, every private car I have bought was the first one I looked at, because the seller, is as important as the car. If they smell right .... all is likely to be correct.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, Odysseus, It is the main Lexus dealer in Glasgow.

I'm delighted to say that they MOT'd the car and there are no advisories and the Hybrid Health Check passed with flying colours. The car is an absolute delight to own and drive and i'm loving every minute I spend in it.  Driving down to York next week for a few days holiday and really looking forward to spending 4 hours in comfort!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burroo 67 said:

really looking forward to spending 4 hours

blimey, that's optimistic  ...  my 4hrs drive up to York the other Friday took the best part of 7.5 hrs             :zorro:

Malc

• Like 1

Hi 

Malc you were going from the wrong cardinal point.

The motorway south in Scotland is a delight to drive on and traffic density is a tenth of that in the areas you drove through even in week day traffic.

ok, hope you're right  👍, my 266 miles felt like i was nose to tail the whole goddam journey, motorways or not ...  we never stopped, just slowed right down to a snails pace for looooong lengths of the journey  ....  that 7.5 hrs excluded however the half hour stop at the end of the A14 for coffee    :Jumpy:

I'll never again drive north from Kent on a Friday morning .............  brilliant time in Yorkshire though, fabulous driving in the Lexus, all over Dale and Moor .....  brilliant :biggrin:

Malc

11 hours ago, Malc said:

I'll never again drive north from Kent on a Friday morning

Also, M6 from just north of Coventry, both directions, to appx Stoke is appalling, road works the entire way, variable speed limits, the Romans had an easier time on their way north.

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

the Romans had an easier time on their way north.

I am not so sure they did, watched history program a few years back where they said the Ermin Street was twice as wide as the current M1 is.  Thats a lot of donkeys/horses and sword carrying legions!!