Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Central locking not working

The central locking on my mk3 ls400 only works from the drivers door button,the fobs dont do anything(ive changed batteries)the key will lock either of the front doors but everything else stays open.

i have 2 keys 2 fobs and a master key the previous owner said it just needs resetting but I suspected it was more than that.

ive searched the club and the internet and I can’t find anything that fits my problem exactly.

from what I’ve read it may be a case of taking the door panels off and cleaning the locks or the locking Ecu is broken.the mirrors don’t work at all but everything else does.

any help appreciated thanks.

Are you saying that if you manually lock the passenger front door, it does not lock the other doors, if that is the case, I would be punting a guess that it is the door ecu, or maybe a fuse has gone.

I assume you have no problems starting the car, which implies that the keys are reset to the main ECU.

Yes it was a 7.5A fuse I didn’t check the fuses first because the previous owner said it was intermittent.

now the mirrors,central locking and steering wheel motor work,will have to see how long it lasts.

thanks for the help.

Andrew, you asked somewhere about tyres .........  i can't find that thread BUT  I use Maxxis 225/60/16 at under £100 a corner " all up ".

They suit me and my style of driving ok

Malc

Yes I’m just trying to order Dunlop bluresponse they are a summer tyre,

but I won’t be doing much winter driving

fuel economy ratings A and noise rating is better than anything else I’ve seen at 68db.