Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Offside Door Mirror - replacement Glass

I have just phoned Lexus parts dept at my local dealership to price the Mirror glass to fit my offside door mirror in my 2006 (56 plate) RX350 SE-L. Mine is cracked.  Apparently because it has something special about it they want OVER!  £300.  
Does anyone please have any suggestions of where to get a realistic priced replacement Mirror Glass...

Many Thanks

Paul....

Brill Thanks for that I have sent for a heated one from 'Car Door Mirrors'.
I have to say I have never noticed the door mirrors dim anyway and even if I had I don't see how Lexus can possibly justify £275+VAT. You can buy the complete mirror new for £500 +VAT that means more than 50% of that is the mirror glass. If you want my opinion I'm afraid this looks to me like a case of Lexus fleecing its loyal customers, especially now you have to have un damaged door mirrors to get through the MOT.

14 hours ago, PaulDD said:

Brill Thanks for that I have sent for a heated one from 'Car Door Mirrors'.
I have to say I have never noticed the door mirrors dim anyway and even if I had I don't see how Lexus can possibly justify £275+VAT. You can buy the complete mirror new for £500 +VAT that means more than 50% of that is the mirror glass. If you want my opinion I'm afraid this looks to me like a case of Lexus fleecing its loyal customers, especially now you have to have un damaged door mirrors to get through the MOT.

I used "Car Door Mirrors" and the fit was perfect, well recommended!