Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have ventilated seats on my IS250 SEL and although I can feel cool air through the base of the seat, I don't seem to feel anything through the backrest. Is this normal ?

I would have thought it would be obvious to cool seat base and backrest.

On my previous IS I had the same problem. It was coming out of the backrest but I could only feel it if I moved my back slightly away from the seat! The ones I have in my GS work perfectly.

I take it by your answers that there should be air blown out of the backrest as well as the seat. Strange that I don't feel it on either front seat and I would not have thought both  seat backrest pores would be blocked when the seat bases are not.

Further investigation called for methinks.

Just now, Ala Larj said:

Try it with the AC set to the coolest setting. It should be more noticeable then.

Bingo ! Just sat in the car with the AC on coldest setting and yes I can feel cool air coming from the back although as has been said, it is more noticeable when not actually pressing your back against them. Still, at least I now know there working. Thanks.