Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A member on here called SH20 used a product from xcarlink- they sell various products for the lexus - the mentioned member did a write up when he fitted his and apparently its very easy to fit - please have a look through xcarlink website and the forums for SH20 posts.

• Thanks 1

Another option (depending on your pocket depth and/or level of interest) is a Grom VLine. This gives you a higher level of in-car tech integration and supports apple CarPlay as well as running Android Auto (I think?). You would have access to mapping tools, messages could be read, apps installed, etc. Bluetooth streaming along with steering wheel control and album art and whatnot is a given.

Not cheap at around £500 but pretty cool and is something I’m considering for my (similar era to yours) GS450h.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just crashing the LS section for a moment.

As Lexus seem to have kept cassette players waaaaaay after everyone else I can recommend one of these. Using one in my 06 RX and it works just fine. I don't need the Bluetooth handsfree bit as my car already has that but it solves the problem of streaming audio.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, desperatedano said:

Us there any aftermarket solutions available to retrofit? I had a quick search but didnt see any results for the ls460.

I have a '99 400 which has one, I suppose mine is an aftermarket product, I 'know nothing' about it so can't help anymore than that.

On 5/24/2018 at 6:35 AM, Odysseus said:

Another option (depending on your pocket depth and/or level of interest) is a Grom VLine. This gives you a higher level of in-car tech integration and supports Apple CarPlay as well as running Android Auto (I think?). You would have access to mapping tools, messages could be read, apps installed, etc. Bluetooth streaming along with steering wheel control and album art and whatnot is a given.

Not cheap at around £500 but pretty cool and is something I’m considering for my (similar era to yours) GS450h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was looking at these, but there seems to be a lot of issues with the new vline 2 thats coming out. 

I ended up going for the xcarlink one, Its works ok, but doesnt give an track information, just track 1 etc, it can be a bit unrealiable at times, randomly stopping or not always connecting automatically

• 2 weeks later...

Im not 100% happy with the quality of this carlink kit, sometimes i have a hard time connecting to it, then  more often than not while Bluetooth streaming i loose the ability to change song on the steering wheel and it will freeze up and them kick over to the radio instead 

Also stating the obvious here but you dont get track title displaying on the car when Bluetooth streaming on android. It a bsaic system at best, ill probably look into the GROM audio or Vaistech kits for some better quality conenctivity

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links