Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need some parts for my ls400,an ariel mast and probably all new discs and pads.

there is a bit of brake judder and the front discs have a big lip,the rears are corroded.

Before I walk into a main dealers is there a cheaper way to buy genuine parts.All I’ve found so far are American sites and the Lexus e bay shop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never had luck with after market brake stuff in over 6 years of Lexus ownership.

Once I used OEM never had any problems with squealing etc.

Very expensive but well worth it

On 5/24/2018 at 10:56 AM, Ac1978 said:

I need some parts for my ls400,an ariel mast and probably all new discs and pads.

there is a bit of brake judder and the front discs have a big lip,the rears are corroded.

Before I walk into a main dealers is there a cheaper way to buy genuine parts.All I’ve found so far are American sites and the Lexus e bay shop.

get the part number, call a TOYOTA dealer and tell them you need trade discount. 

Toyota dealers are a lot cheaper than Lexus dealers for the same parts but dont let them find out the parts are going on a Lexus otherwise they cant sell them to you

On 6/20/2018 at 10:52 PM, ls400lpg said:

Never had luck with after market brake stuff in over 6 years of Lexus ownership.

Once I used OEM never had any problems with squealing etc.

Very expensive but well worth it

I’ve used Apec aftermarket discs and pads on my old Merc and now on the 400 - no issues at all with squeal, and the pads generate very little dust.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:52 PM, ls400lpg said:

Never had luck with after market brake stuff in over 6 years of Lexus ownership

Desno pads are fine with the LS400, I've done the high heavens sqealing apprenticeship, not with Denso, a few here use them with the LS400

2 hours ago, dendonc said:

Desno pads are fine with the LS400, I've done the high heavens sqealing apprenticeship, not with Denso, a few here use them with the LS400

Wrong Denis, I used brembo on my last LS 400 not Denso, brembo are fine, no squeal, I don't know whats on my current '99 LS, the seller had them fitted, either they are sharp or the braking system is sharper than my last 1995, no squealing. 

I always thought the brakeing was quite soft on the '95, maybe it was the car, I don't know but I've heard that occasionaly from others before.

I ended up ordering discs and pads all round from Lexus,then they asked if I wanted to collect the parts from Toyota(must be the same group)

Now I go straight to Toyota,discs and pads all round came to £357 after discount.The service kit (6l of oil,air filter,pollen filter,oil filter,sump washer)was £51 because they were doing a deal on the oil 5 litres came to 1 pence.

I have nearly got the car up to scratch,I’ve had the wheels refurbed with new Goodyear efficientgrip tyres fitted,new discs and pads fitted(no more grinding)blead the brakes put new fluid in(pedal feels much better)and serviced the engine(can’t see much difference hopefully mpg will be better)

now I need to find where the knocking is coming from on the front suspension and I’ll be happy,although what I’ve spent on it  plus the cost of buying it,is probably more than it’s worth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 8:59 PM, Ac1978 said:

I ended up ordering discs and pads all round from Lexus,then they asked if I wanted to collect the parts from Toyota(must be the same group)

Now I go straight to Toyota,discs and pads all round came to £357 after discount.The service kit (6l of oil,air filter,pollen filter,oil filter,sump washer)was £51 because they were doing a deal on the oil 5 litres came to 1 pence.

I have nearly got the car up to scratch,I’ve had the wheels refurbed with new Goodyear efficientgrip tyres fitted,new discs and pads fitted(no more grinding)blead the brakes put new fluid in(pedal feels much better)and serviced the engine(can’t see much difference hopefully mpg will be better)

now I need to find where the knocking is coming from on the front suspension and I’ll be happy,although what I’ve spent on it  plus the cost of buying it,is probably more than it’s worth.

I just got service parts from Toyota Coventry for my lexus ls400, got all service parts for £46.00 and 6 litres of oil free