Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do you input a postcode instead of having to put the road and town as the destination.

Been through all the settings but can't find it, am I missing something?

I dont know if the one on the RX400 is like the RX450 I have but on mine it is on the second page of the choices of how to enter the destination .. on mine at the top of the screen with the choices is one showing 1/2 .. click this and Post Codes is on the second page.

Don't know what the one in the RX400 is like but attached a couple of pics of my screens.

The first shows the screen that appears when you press the Destination Icon .. shows the first page of options.

At the top is the 1/2 Icon which when you press then shows screen 2 which you then see the Post Code option.

Satnav1.jpg

Satnav2.jpg

On my system you press DEST the Address and at the bottom of the left column is "input postal code" but you can't enter a full code, just the first 4 digits. The built in system on the 400h is rubbish, it's OK for a moving map and knowing when streets are coming up but trying to find a place is like pulling teeth. Don't get me on the voice commands either, it's worse that the satnav.

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Slightly off topic but where would one acquire such a thing?

The mapping DVD is available on eBay at a huge saving from dealer price's, mine was genuine Lexus and I paid a fraction of the price.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gliderpilot said:

On my system you press DEST the Address and at the bottom of the left column is "input postal code" but you can't enter a full code, just the first 4 digits. The built in system on the 400h is rubbish, it's OK for a moving map and knowing when streets are coming up but trying to find a place is like pulling teeth. Don't get me on the voice commands either, it's worse that the satnav.

Compared to my TomTom the Lexus Sat Nav is rubbish however it's always got me to my destination without any issues, I have apps on my phone I can use if I get into difficulties in totally unknown area's. 

I don’t agree there . The sat nav is pretty good in my 2007, very good instructions come from the voice I find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, rich1068 said:

...and once I find where the nav disc is located I'll look into replacing it...

It's in the boot, under the lift up door in the floor on the right hand side, theirs plenty of info on here on how to change the dvd.

• Thanks 1

Funnily enough I found it today with the help of a YT video. Absolutely no mention of it anywhere in the handbook. Or if there is I couldn't find it. Anyhoo, I've got this one...

DdFiLlxl.jpg

...which I assume is about as early as you can get. But I've found what I think is the latest for Western Europe labelled E1F and E1G. I guess they're what I need?

Each to their own and all that, but I just cannot understand why folks spend good money on getting a disc for a clunky, old, outdated system that takes ages to enter a destination into, you can't add in your own POIs or speed camera warnings and, at best, is a nightmare to use.

I could have my TomTom installed, programmed and ready to move off in less than a quarter of the time it took to input my destination on the inbuilt satnav in our old RX300. Great as a rolling screensaver, but as a satnav it was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

To be honest, I still don't use the inbuilt satnav even now in our 63-plate RX450h. It still takes much longer to enter a destination and get going than the TomTom does, but now it's down to the mouse input that has to be used left-handed.

I have been LED to belive that updating the maps on the Lexus RX400h after 2010 also provides a firmware update so that the system can be used whilst the vehicle is moving.

I sent an email to Lexus Woodford and they have come back to me that they want £180 for the updated disks and that they will not alter the firmware.

I am certainly not paying £180 to stil have to stop in a layby whilst my wife changes the destination.

Any clarification would be helpful.

Ian wallace

I've got what is supposed to be the latest disc arriving sometime this week. I'm assured it's not a copy but part of an unwanted/needed full European set. Previously my car had it's original 2006 disc in. I'll let you know how I go on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I've got what is supposed to be the latest disc arriving sometime this week. I'm assured it's not a copy but part of an unwanted/needed full European set. Previously my car had it's original 2006 disc in. I'll let you know how I go on.

Yes, please!

Missed the bloody postman so I've got to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow. Typical.

It wasn't the cheapest but they were specific about it not being a copy. Other listings were a little more vague. If it turns out I've had my leg pulled then fair enough, I'll put it down to experience. At least I'll have updated maps.

Many thanks for the response.

When you change the disc do you have to unplug the Battery lead.

I am going to Easter Europe in a few weeks time and would need maps

from Central, North and East and stopping to change the Battery lead

to input a new map is nonesensical.

If any one has any knowledge in this area I would appreciate some help.

Ian Wallace

• Like 1

Unplug the Battery lead? No. Not heard that one before. 

I just ejected the old disc and popped in the new one.

If you're going to need more than one disc you might be as well getting the official ones though https://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Home/Index

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Rich, 

Are you happy with the disk that you bought? I need an new version including Western Europe for France. Is it possible to just put in a town name or do you need the full address and I don't suppose you can input co ordinates at all?

Also, have you tried the voice control with any success?

I did tried to look at your picture link but it doesn't seem to show anything now.

Thanks.

• Like 1