Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exactly same...but what you need to know is that they are Sht. So to refurb them you will not be advised to get them recut but to respray them in a silver paint and lacquer to last longer.

I don’t know...build one of the best cars on the planet and mess up the wheel quality...🙄

I was thinking of taking the paint off using nitromos then polish it like a mirror. Then laquer them like they do in America.

What do you think. Cool or what?

Sounds like a lot of hard work, but sure will stand out, as polished alloy wheels can look as near as damn it, like chromed.

I prefer the understated matt finish you get with the LS.

Not sure if using a Laser Stripper  would be a nice quick way of getting it done, if you could find somewhere nearby.

Whatever you do, be good to see end result when done

On 5/24/2018 at 11:20 PM, ls400lpg said:

I was thinking of taking the paint off using nitromos then polish it like a mirror. Then laquer them like they do in America.

What do you think. Cool or what?

That would be like a diamond cut finish, I believe? 

Even when lacquered, any minor stone chip will allow moisture ingress under the lacquer, causing the ‘white worm’ effect 

Powdercoat with lacquer final coat I believe is the most hard wearing

I am experiencing the dreaded white worm on the GS430 wheels on my Soarer. Lovely mirror polish but after one winter the worm sets in. Time for some winter wheels.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I thought some might be interested in that I recently bought a set of BBS wheels for my elderly GS4340 for roughly the same cost as a good refurb.

I had to do something as three of four wheels were loosing pressure despite being cleaned periodically. Still they've lasted about nineteen years so can't complain....