Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 - some queries

Ive had my IS300 for a few weeks now and love it, its a nice place to be for 10-12 hours a day.

I have a few queries, little quirks that I have found and wondered if anyone else has found these:

when slowing down I find the gearbox 'juddery' like its actually knocking itself down through the gears.

The panel under the dash above the pedals on the drivers side catches my feet!! im only a size 9 shoe but really struggle moving my foot from accelerator to brake pedal easily, anyone else suffer with this? is there a fix?

The dash and switches are lit in that really nice blue/white LED type light, I want to change the footwell lights, interior dome lights and if possible the mirror puddle lights to the same style of light, has anyone done this? where did they get the bulbs from?

thanks in advance   

11 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Ive had my IS300 for a few weeks now and love it, its a nice place to be for 10-12 hours a day.

I have a few queries, little quirks that I have found and wondered if anyone else has found these:

when slowing down I find the gearbox 'juddery' like its actually knocking itself down through the gears.

The panel under the dash above the pedals on the drivers side catches my feet!! im only a size 9 shoe but really struggle moving my foot from accelerator to brake pedal easily, anyone else suffer with this? is there a fix?

The dash and switches are lit in that really nice blue/white led type light, I want to change the footwell lights, interior dome lights and if possible the mirror puddle lights to the same style of light, has anyone done this? where did they get the bulbs from?

thanks in advance   

The interior lights can be changed quite easily. Get some decent quality ones off eBay. There are loads around. 

When slowing down, I highly doubt its the gearbox - more likely to be a feature of the regenerative braking system moving over to mechanical brakes.

Not really sure about catching feet on the bottom of the dash. Im a size 11 foot and have no issue. TBH i don't move my heel when going from accelerator to brake so only the top of my foot moves. Shouldnt really be anything under there. 

yes i'm a size 10 and never had this issue i'm like rayaans heel stays put so my foot pivots between the 2 pedals

, all the interior lights are changeable to leds to whatever colour you want W5W is the fitment type its a push in bulb,

with regards to being juddery i haven't noticed this.

thanks for the replies.

I did wonder if the juddering was the switch from regen to normal braking, that catches me out from time to time and at very slow speed I end up braking really savagely .

I have some leds on order now from eBay, hoping that they are ones that last a while

As for the feet, well I will have to modify the way I place my feet in the car

37 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

As for the feet, well I will have to modify the way I place my feet in the car

Or chop your toes off!

• Like 1

Hi Jason,I am just home from my local Lexus dealers £305 less because of LED bulbs,I got a full set from the USA and was told they work with my lexus. I fitted them in March and they caused the ECU fuse to blow yesterday. the dealer told me that the LED bulbs  work but ,WILL cause the ECU to fail after some time, be very careful.

1 hour ago, DerrickB said:

Hi Jason,I am just home from my local Lexus dealers £305 less because of LED bulbs,I got a full set from the USA and was told they work with my lexus. I fitted them in March and they caused the ECU fuse to blow yesterday. the dealer told me that the LED bulbs  work but ,WILL cause the ECU to fail after some time, be very careful.

Ouch.

Thanks for the warning.

How does this happen, do you know?

£305 for an ECU replacement seems reasonable. Or was it just the fuse that was replaced?

Wow!!! Thanks for the warning.

Just out of curiosity what bulbs did you replace with LEDs? I am only looking at the interior ones and can’t see how that would interfere with the ECU, but then I’m not an engineer

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

LED interior lights won't blow the ecu fuse. They'll just blow the standard fuse for interior lights if they play up.

Just dont change them with the door open and make sure all lights are switched off. Shouldn't be a problem, loads of people have done it on the IS in the States

• Like 1

Hi guys im not trying to mislead you in any way but im just passing on to you what i was told at the dealers yesterday,first let me clear up somethings,the bulbs blew the ECU main fuse and the 10amp fuse which runs the interior lights plus the remote control of the car.I am as shocked as you are how this could even happen but it did.Before i took my car to the dealers i asked my cousin to take a look and see if he knew what was wrong( by the way he is a gold tech with Vauxhall which includes wiring ) as he was the person who fitted the LED bulbs for me .the bulbs came from Precision LED in the USA.  The dealer changed all 11 bulbs back to oe spec replaced the fuses and the cars going good no problems,the dealer said that they had never seen anything like this before,I have the printout from the dealer if any one wants to see it .

18 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Wow!!! Thanks for the warning.

Just out of curiosity what bulbs did you replace with LEDs? I am only looking at the interior ones and can’t see how that would interfere with the ECU, but then I’m not an engineer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i changed all interior bulbs plus puddle lights i have the bulbs here if you want them email me your address and ill post them to you foc

20 hours ago, matt8 said:

Ouch.

Thanks for the warning.

How does this happen, do you know?

£305 for an ECU replacement seems reasonable. Or was it just the fuse that was replaced?

No i dont know but the dealer told me its not a instant failure but over time it builds up and up until the fuse blows,its up to you but i will not be putting them back in

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DerrickB said:

Hi guys im not trying to mislead you in any way but im just passing on to you what i was told at the dealers yesterday,first let me clear up somethings,the bulbs blew the ECU main fuse and the 10amp fuse which runs the interior lights plus the remote control of the car.I am as shocked as you are how this could even happen but it did.Before i took my car to the dealers i asked my cousin to take a look and see if he knew what was wrong( by the way he is a gold tech with Vauxhall which includes wiring ) as he was the person who fitted the LED bulbs for me .the bulbs came from Precision led in the USA.  The dealer changed all 11 bulbs back to oe spec replaced the fuses and the cars going good no problems,the dealer said that they had never seen anything like this before,I have the printout from the dealer if any one wants to see it .

I'm curious, how did you get your car to the dealers if the main ECU fuse blew? 

Hi guys im not trying to mislead you in any way but im just passing on to you what i was told at the dealers yesterday,first let me clear up somethings,the bulbs blew the ECU main fuse and the 10amp fuse which runs the interior lights plus the remote control of the car.I am as shocked as you are how this could even happen but it did.Before i took my car to the dealers i asked my cousin to take a look and see if he knew what was wrong( by the way he is a gold tech with Vauxhall which includes wiring ) as he was the person who fitted the LED bulbs for me .the bulbs came from Precision led in the USA.  The dealer changed all 11 bulbs back to oe spec replaced the fuses and the cars going good no problems,the dealer said that they had never seen anything like this before,I have the printout from the dealer if any one wants to see it .

I don’t think anyone here is doubting you, it’s just a really strange thing to happen as there appears to be very little link between the secondary lighting circuit and the main ECU.

I will be honest my first thought was that the dealer is pulling a fast one and charging off time in order to recoup for time investing a fault that only transpired to be a blown fuse, however I will hold my hand up and say I am the original cynic when it comes to dealers.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links