Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450H - heated/cooled seat filters?!?!

I’m convinced the seat on my 2008 does not cool or heat as convincingly as it should, and some googling suggested there might be a filter under the seat which has become clogged.

Does anyone know if my era GS has a seat filter and has anyone changed or cleaned their seat filters? If so, how did they do it and was it easy?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a filter - as why it should be there ?

You just got 2 blowers per seat that all. Maybe blower engine is just weak. In mine (2010) cooling was always very gentle. MK4 is a bit better on that side.

The LS430 definitely has seat filters, also the seats in the LS430 are actually cooled where as the ones in the GS450h are just ventilated as far as I know, I’ve never heard of the GS’s having seat filters but if there is a way to improve them I’d like to know, the heated seats in my GS450h work great but the cooled side has very little to no effect.

17 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I don't know about filters but the seats in my GS heat very well and cool very well too, not just air but cold air.

I found the ones in the LS430 you sold me to work quite well both heating and cooling, do the ones in your GS work better than those? I’ll have a look around under the seat for any filters or anything, as I said the heat works well but the cooling doesn’t on my GS!!!

6 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

I found the ones in the LS430 you sold me to work quite well both heating and cooling, do the ones in your GS work better than those? I’ll have a look around under the seat for any filters or anything, as I said the heat works well but the cooling doesn’t on my GS!!!

Yes, I would say the GS cools better than the LS did.

On 5/26/2018 at 9:01 AM, The-Acre said:

I don't know about filters but the seats in my GS heat very well and cool very well too, not just air but cold air.

The GS doesn't have AC seats. It will just draw in air from the cabin. If you have the cabin ventilation directed to feet then cool air will get under the seat and be drawn up and out of the perforations in the leather.

Some LS models have actual thermoelectric elements (and filters) to produce cooled air.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

The GS doesn't have AC seats. It will just draw in air from the cabin. If you have the cabin ventilation directed to feet then cool air will get under the seat and be drawn up and out of the perforations in the leather.

Some LS models have actual thermoelectric elements (and filters) to produce cooled air.

Interesting.  The system works very well then because I can put mine on on a hot day and they'll blow cold air within a minute or so.

5 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

My GS definitely blows AC air though my front seats.

Are you sure? Mine definitely doesn't! As per Colin's post above, I thought the system was just fan-based.

I drove a Cadillac on holiday that had proper AC ventilated seats, and that nearly froze my buttocks solid. My GS has nothing like that kind of effect, which is no bad thing in my view. Having chilled air blown straight up your nether regions isn't my idea of comfort.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

I'm not sure now. All I know is that I get cold sir straight away and the temperature seems to change when I change the AC temp.

The air will feel cold compared to a hot seat but the seat doesn't have any cooling system integrated into it.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

The air will feel cold compared to a hot seat but the seat doesn't have any cooling system integrated into it.

So the air which flows through the seats is just ambient air  - Not air conditioned air used by the climate control ?

56 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

So the air which flows through the seats is just ambient air  - Not air conditioned air used by the climate control ?

No, not unless your vehicle has Air Conditioned seats (I believe some LS models with lux option may have this, no GSs have this feature).

However if you have AC on in the cabin directed at your feet, or rear AC ventilation on which comes out under the front seats, then that colder air will be drawn into the seat by the ventilation fans. The fan that ventilates the seat back is much less effective in this instance as the air behind the seat will not be that cold.