Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The other day on the way home a small stone was thrown up from a passing wagon and it hit the windscreen and damaged it , I got onto my Insurance about it and they put in touch with autoglass. Now here comes the fun bit, I gave them all the information, Type of car,1997 Ls400,what happened to the windscreen, and I need a replacement screen, every thing went well,untill the new screen arrived---they had sent a screen for a Citroen CV2.Even the fitter, when he saw my car he knew there had been a ***k-up so now I am waiting for Autoglass to sort things out, and I thought they knew what they were doing:shock:

I would also give them the registration too and also, when mine went bang I was asked about the appropriate screen colour tint  .....  make sure you get what's correct eh !

Malc

I used the same company for a replacement windscreen for a Beach Buggy and they sent this!

Before anyone asks....no I don’t know her the photograph was on the web.

995EEC0A-EFC0-46C4-AE93-1F1B7FA744FF.jpeg

• Like 1

Well the story goes on and on about my damaged windscreen---Autoglass  have sent E/mails to me ,what is your registration number, which they have, then they asked for the V.I.N. number which I gave it to them, they contacted D.V.L.A. the reply was it was the correct car, Autoglass said they will contact  Lexus U.K. to confirm it, the next thing is they are going to contact the screen manufacturer to see if they still make the screen, so it looks like I have still got a long wait.:cursing: 

One wonders if any other screen fitting company would have had the same issues ?  or is it just your provider being overly challenged I wonder

Good luck anyway

Malc

53 minutes ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

so it looks like I have still got a long wait.:cursing: 

Lets hope they do not come back and ask for your inside leg measurement👢, name of favourite pet 🐏, and best holiday 🛩️, which will only slow the whole thing down a little bit more!

Autoglass did mine OK but they could not get a screen with the blue tint

I settled for green, can't see much difference.

Think they may be hard to get, settle for any colour you cant see much difference.!!

I got a phone call this morning from Autoglass, they have been onto Lexus U.K. and they are providing them with the required windscreen, they will be arriving on Saturday to fit the new one.  :laughing: 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, SHELLDRAKE said:

I got a phone call this morning from Autoglass, they have been onto Lexus U.K. and they are providing them with the required windscreen, they will be arriving on Saturday to fit the new one.  :laughing: 

I fear mine will need replacing soonish.

My insurance company says cost is £140 at 'their' supplier, and £140 at my choice.!!

Why not choose Lexus? Given the headlight/washer box is stuck to it, I wondered if only Lexus could do it properly, but do they sub-contract?

Any experience here?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links