Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had a quote from Lexus hedge end for an electric areial mast the price was £80.Has anyone tried an alternative mast?

They also quoted for discs and pads all round which came to £380,that does sound too bad but I’m trying to find out who is the OE manufacturer for Lexus brakes then I could source them elsewhere.

The mast for the Lexus ariel can be bought on eBay but how good they are is debatable as for the pads the only ones I will fit are Lexus but are in actual fact branded Toyota and cannot be bought from a Toyota outlet.

The discs can be bought from a host of disc manufacturers brembo amongst others but Lexus brakes are made by Shuminito and cannot be bought anywhere other than from Lexus.

£380 for genuine Lexus parts fitted strikes me a a good bargain, as disks are about £140 to £160 a pair, and the pads I recall around £90, then I assume they are sorting out the pad wear indicators, for that price. 

I would say there are enough LS owners who have had issues with non-Lexus braking systems, where you get rattle, knocking, vibration (at varying speeds).  I changed to Pagid from BluePrint pads, and they rumble less than the Blueprints, but I suspect my LS does not have original disks on, so aiming to replace with all Lexus parts sometime soon, when I can get by backside in gear and off to the garage.

As to the aeriel have a look at Repairing Antenna  and Lexus Antenna  the antenna is not original Lexus parts, so if you're not sure then I would probably go for £80 and get a proper Lexus whole aerial replacement, as £80 better than paying £50 for Lexus Antenna and then spending a couple of hour b*ggering about.

I would say that the non-Lexus all-in replacements you see on eBay Cheap replacement are probably okay for a couple of years, but whether they will be quite as smooth and quite as the genuine unit, I would not know.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.

unfortunatly the price does not include fitting but I’ve managed to get it down to £350 for discs and pads all round .

The original quote was from Lexus hedge end I then phoned Lexus poole to see if the price was different(I know all mercedes dealers charge different prices)the man at poole said Lexus part prices are fixed.Poole gave me an undiscounted price,when I told them hedge end had given me a discount(without asking )he then undercut hedge end.

so it’s worth phoning around,I’m still trying to come to terms with £80 for a mast but it probably is the best way to go.

I bought an eBay mast earlier this year, fitted fine during some other works by Paul at Toyotatech 

I’ll post details tomorrow of the mast I bought - was circa £15 and works beautifully. The motor needed dismantling to fit it.

A new complete Lexus aerial is over £200 if I recall correctly

Do you need the complete aerial (including the electric motor) or just the extending insert? If it's just the insert, it is the same as the one for the Toyota Camry of the same year. Pretty cheap and easy to fit.

When I had my 400, I took it through a car wash with the aerial extended..........twice ☹️    Yes, I know.....................

8 hours ago, cornershop said:

I bought an eBay mast earlier this year, fitted fine during some other works by Paul at Toyotatech 

I’ll post details tomorrow of the mast I bought - was circa £15 and works beautifully. The motor needed dismantling to fit it.

A new complete Lexus aerial is over £200 if I recall correctly

I too bought a ~£15 aerial mast off eBay for my Mk2 GS300. There are videos on YouTube about how to fit and usually it is very easy. In my case the plastic cogged drive strip had broken leaving a bit inside the motor drive assembly. This meant removing the drive to open it up and remove the broken bit. Still an easy repair though it took a bit longer.

I too have just bought an aerial replacement for my 400, as I took mine off the other day to find out the drive cable had snapped. Was 15 quid for a replacement and arrived next day. Seems lots of people have had to replace so I'm looking forward to another fix it job :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It’s only the insert I need ,the first bit comes up and then stops so the motors ok it must be the nylon broken so I’ll have to strip it down.

Interesting comment about the Toyota Camry aerial has anyone tried one.

I will definitely hold off paying Lexus £80 for an insert.

1 hour ago, Ac1978 said:

It’s only the insert I need ,the first bit comes up and then stops so the motors ok it must be the nylon broken so I’ll have to strip it down.

Interesting comment about the Toyota Camry aerial has anyone tried one.

I will definitely hold off paying Lexus £80 for an insert.

Tulpen has tried one. Read his post again Andrew.

Found my invoice! I bought from car-masts-uk in Chelmsford. It was item code 360518336788 for LS400, LS430, GS300 and RX300and cost £18.65 with £1.75 postage in 2014.  Service was excellent. No connection. See

'Tulpen has tried one.' 

I've tried, and fitted, two. It really is an easy job. If part of the plastic drive is stuck in the motor, it really is no problem to remove the side panel on the motor and remove the offending bit.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links