Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF interior - where do you put your iPhone???

It seems a little superficial I know, but having lived with the car for a week - I straight up love it...except there seems to be nowhere to put my phone.  I have an Iphone 7 Plus so the cup holders are ruled out. The door has a couple of places but the screen can’t be seen if there (I use waze in cities when I want to avoid traffic)in front of the gear shift is too slippy so any exuberant driving sees the phone disappear into one of the two foot wells and in front of the satnav/info screen in the middle doesnt work because it’s in front of the satnav/info screen?! 

So what do other RCF-ers do? Anyone found a good Iphone holder that doesn’t ruin the look of the otherwise gorgeous minimalist dash?

Not exactly what your dash has got available but the other day while being dragged around the shops by the Mrs I picked up a dash heater vent phone holder in Primark for a £1 just to try and it works a treat, rubber type conical prongs on back stay in place very well in my runaround Mondeo so for a quid it was a good punt.

paul m.

• Thanks 1

Get yourself one of these https://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=654960 for around £15, bolt any kind of holder you like to it.
I have a similar thing in my IS. Brodit branded holders are a bit pricey for me, so I have a cheapish wireless charger holder from eBay attached.

Alternatively there are plenty of magnetic holders people seem to like. Pop one on your phone, stick / clip on to the car and have it almost anywhere you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is some pics in the Mondeo and IS so if you have suitable heater vents can't go wrong for a £1.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Toothy said:

Get yourself one of these https://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=654960 for around £15, bolt any kind of holder you like to it.
I have a similar thing in my IS. Brodit branded holders are a bit pricey for me, so I have a cheapish wireless charger holder from ebay attached.

Alternatively there are plenty of magnetic holders people seem to like. Pop one on your phone, stick / clip on to the car and have it almost anywhere you like.

Thanks guys. I went with the Brodit product and will pop a phone holder onto it. The vent holder is a good one - but I broke one of the fins on my golfs vent with one (I can be a bit ham fisted at times) so I dont want to take the risk...I got the brodit product from here...in case anyone wants the link for future ref:

www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Thanks guys. I went with the Brodit product and will pop a phone holder onto it. The vent holder is a good one - but I broke one of the fins on my golfs vent with one (I can be a bit ham fisted at times) so I dont want to take the risk...I got the brodit product from here...in case anyone wants the link for future ref:

www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk

How does that attach to the car?

The option that might work is a CD holder variety

It’s quite clever. It stays in place purely with friction. It comes with a dashboard separator to gently separate the panels and then slots in. Lexus approved and leaves no trace of its installation. Super cool. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

It’s quite clever. It stays in place purely with friction. It comes with a dashboard separator to gently separate the panels and then slots in. Lexus approved and leaves no trace of its installation. Super cool. 

Excellent

Once fitted, do post some pics 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, Flytvr said:

Excellent

Once fitted, do post some pics 👍

I’m really pleased with it. It went in really easy and is super sturdy. It comes with double sided tape along the points were it is jammed in between the lines of the dash, but it’s so secure I haven’t bothered with them - hopefully easier to remove that way. I bought a black 1.8m charge cable from amazon and routed it around he dash and along the centre tunnel where the carpet meets the plastic so it is pretty much invisible - without having to remove any panels or do anything to invasive. Really chuffed.  

97BAA693-28EB-4D7C-A8CA-BFBF601423E4.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

It comes with double sided tape along the points were it is jammed in between the lines of the dash, but it’s so secure I haven’t bothered with them

The tape stops any rattle, if you get any noise from it in the future then use the tape. For some reason my holder for the GS didn't come with any, but the previous Brodit holders I've used for my RX and IS did. My IS one started to rattle on harsh roads only after a couple of years.