Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OEM xenon headlamp projectors not working after replacement

Shd995

Hi fellow ct members,

i have previously posted being hit and run and as a result i have had to replace the Xenon headlamp. ordered on from yahoo auctions. had to swap over the hid boxes as the new one did not come with them.

I noticed that the DRL's worked instantly. however the main projectors do not. my mechanic told me that they would need to be coded by an electrician because they had memory or something. i cant drive the car legally at this point due to this. anyone know what they mean by "coding". also will the headlight level need to be adjusted ? 

thanks

Edited by Shd995

The projector headlamps are not coded to the car, and should work as you are using the original HID ballast anyway as I assume your text should read "did not come with them". Xenon bulbs work from the 12 volt Battery directly without the need for any type of separate control.

John.

I thought the CT was never made with Xenon headlamps.I was told my Premier has them but I believe they’re LED.They are self levelling though.

To the OP as said you will need them coded to the car via a dealer or someone who has Techstream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I believe they are Xenon on all but the Premier model, which has LEDs.

Models with LED headlights are recognisable by the fact that the indicator lamp is sited on the inside of the light cluster (near the grill) as opposed to the outer edge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links