Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot (trunk) fitting on IS300h

Hi all

We just updated our 2014 IS300h SE for a 2016 Exec model. I feel a tiny bit concerned about the appearance of the boot (trunk) fitting; the left hand gap is very slightly larger than the right, as if the boot lid is very slightly to the right. Of course, being a worrier, my mind immediately thinks 'it's been in a bump'. But could this have been like this since manufacture, or could it even be that there is an adjustment for the boot hinges to straighten out any movement of the lid? Thanks for any help.

Chris

22 minutes ago, chris24 said:

Hi all

We just updated our 2014 IS300h SE for a 2016 Exec model. I feel a tiny bit concerned about the appearance of the boot (trunk) fitting; the left hand gap is very slightly larger than the right, as if the boot lid is very slightly to the right. Of course, being a worrier, my mind immediately thinks 'it's been in a bump'. But could this have been like this since manufacture, or could it even be that there is an adjustment for the boot hinges to straighten out any movement of the lid? Thanks for any help.

Chris

Very unlikely to be from factory.

Out of most manufacturers, Lexus tend to have spot on panel gaps so I would suspect its probably been in a bump at some point.

2 hours ago, chris24 said:

Hi all

Chris

As Rayaan says.

If you bought it from a dealer, take it back immediately and tell him to fix it f.o.c. A Dealer has a responsibility to inform you if the vehicle has been in an accident. 

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

As Rayaan says.

If you bought it from a dealer, take it back immediately and tell him to fix it f.o.c. A Dealer has a responsibility to inform you if the vehicle has been in an accident. 

Only if they are aware that it has been in an accident.

But yes, get them to fix it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

As Rayaan says.

when i bought my 13 plate IS300h from lexus stoke ,i found out it had had a new rear door skin fitted due to a bump

the repair had been carried out at lexus stoke aswell but they didnt feel the need to tell me as they called it cosmetic,

it was only because i registered my car on my lexus that i found out .

• Like 1

Hi all and thanks so much for all your advice. I'm putting a message back with an update that may be of interest to any future owners with this problem.

I just had the car looked at by a Toyoat/Lexus trained technician who is '100% certain' that the vehicle has not been in a bump. The reason is the VIN stickers which Lexus fit on the boot lid. To replace these after an accident means that the repairer has to apply to Lexus who decide whether they'll issue the new stickers or not (presumably, depending on who's doing the repair, if authorised etc). In many cases, repairers don't bother and these VIN numbers are not replaced. The damage has most likely happened by the boot being banged down with something obstructing the hinge(s). This happened personally to the chap I spoke to on his own Lexus saloon (a pushchair in the boot) and the boot lid was slightly thrown off. There is adjustment to correct this, and the Toyota dealership where I bought the car are seeing to it next week. So I feel much happier, but again, wish to thank everyone who took the trouble to reply.

Chris

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links