Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RX450H owner

Well ive not long picked up my 62 plate (registered Feb 2013) RX450h and am loving it as much as the IS300h I part ex"d. I know I'll have a  few questions to ask those of you with the same car. Mines the f sport with a stunning ML system. 

Am I correct in saying there isn't a rev counter just that eco clock?

The EV mode mullers that of the IS.

Does my car have adaptive cruise control? I've yet to read the owners handbook. Thanks in advance for any replies.

2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Am I correct in saying there isn't a rev counter just that eco clock?

If it's like my GS there should be a setting somewhere where you can have the rev counter showing all the time. Mine is on the dash settings rather than the ice ones.

Yes Steve I've just seen it. Dam small keyboard on my phone. Not sure how to edit tho.

I've looked at the dash settings but in the RX there doesn't seem to be a setting. My IS300H did.

Mine is on a button on the steering wheel. Scroll through and on of the settings says eco meter or something like that. Would go and check but champions league final is my priority at the moment!

Pics or it didnt happen!

To answer you're questions, the 3RX has no rev counter. 

Adaptive cruise was only an option on the Premier model of the facelift 3RX. 

A big thanks to whoever corrected the title of my thread.

Yes I've read that the F sport could have adaptive cruise but I'll have to read my handbook whilst I'm off this week. 

One thing I'm knocked out with is just how good the EV is. Much better than the IS. It moves off quicker compared to my IS.

Yeah shame about no rev counter. Gonna miss that.

Just totally love the V6 rumble. The satnav is the same as I had in my IS and I'm still learning it lol. 

Can someone tell me what the Shift Lock button next to the gear shift lever is please. The dealer didn' know.

11 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Can someone tell me what the Shift Lock button next to the gear shift lever is please. The dealer didn' know.

That was me.

The shift lock allows you to move the gear selector out of Park if the Battery is flat. Your IS had one too, it was just covered up. I hope that wasn't a Lexus dealer that didn't know 😧

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

That was me.

The shift lock allows you to move the gear selector out of Park if the battery is flat. Your IS had one too, it was just covered up. I hope that wasn't a Lexus dealer that didn't know 😧

I believe you use the mechanical key bit to release it.

2 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

I believe you use the mechanical key bit to release it.

Not on the RX, it is a button that you can just press and hold with your finger. On the IS/GS there is a cover over the button with a slot in it that you use the mechanical part of the key to press in.

Thanks Colin you are a true Gent and quite possibly a moderator? 

As for the 'button' thanks for that too. Mmmmmm you got me thinking. I do remember a small rectangular piece in the centre console with a slot in it. I did wonder what that was.

Not on the RX, it is a button that you can just press and hold with your finger. On the IS/GS there is a cover over the button with a slot in it that you use the mechanical part of the key to press in.
Same on the NX

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Well I found out where the trip meters are today. I will read the handbook.

Oh Colin it was Leeds Lexus I bought the car from. They didn't know what the shift lock button was.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh Colin it was Leeds Lexus I bought the car from. They didn't know what the shift lock button was.

That's terrible!

Then again, when I thought that the Hill Start Assist wasn't working on mine I called in to Lexus Carlisle and the guy I spoke to didn't know how to operate it to check it, which is equally abysmal from sales staff. They should know all about every bit of equipment on every Lexus car they sell if they are Lexus main dealers.

• Like 1

Hi all:driving:

I agree with what you are saying John when i brought my IS250 from the dealer last year the sales man showed me round the car showed me the sat nav i then said to him has it got post code recognition he then said no it has not:sad:

I later found out in the book it had but only the first 4 digits :blink: which to me is a pain in the a**e if a tomtom can do all off the post code why cannot my Lexus.:crazy:

So it seems dealers are only taught the basics in each car and hope it does for all off them.:confused1:

65mike

1 hour ago, sorcerer said:

That's terrible!

Then again, when I thought that the Hill Start Assist wasn't working on mine I called in to Lexus Carlisle and the guy I spoke to didn't know how to operate it to check it.

Yeah not good, but shift lock is a feature on every single Lexus with an auto transmission :no:

Seems the lack of knowledge is fairly common; I enquired about the headlight washers on my 3RX and how to switch them on.  The Lexus salesman said, yours hasn't got them it's just got blanking plates on the bumper! Did he really think that a car that was almost £50,000 new had blanking plates? There were other functions I enquired about; he said we can learn together!

Must admit I've only used the post code search function a few times but I thought it allowed the full post code to be entered.  Must check tomorrow morning!

1 minute ago, Glover said:

Must admit I've only used the post code search function a few times but I thought it allowed the full post code to be entered.  Must check tomorrow morning!

Yes, mine allows full postcode entry too (page 2 of opening screen).  However previous ISs (2008 & 2009) only allowed first half of postcode.

I guess the satnav system has been updated to full postcode at some stage.

Hi all:driving:

I contacted the dealer about full post code recognition and they said try Lexus technical or something or other who were going to get back to me regarding this they never did:evil:

So i gave up will try and use it when i go away in a few weeks time and see how we get on with it.:g:

I was going to update it if the update had full post code but still none the wiser.:sad:

65mike

9 hours ago, 65mike said:

I was going to update it if the update had full post code but still none the wiser.:sad:

I believe that the systems that only support partial postcode entry remain that way even with the latest map updates.

15 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well I found out where the trip meters are today. I will read the handbook.

Apparently it's not just Lexus Leeds, but neither could they tell me how to activate 'sport' mode... Having bought the car I found out quite quickly myself 😀

On 5/27/2018 at 7:25 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Yes I've read that the F sport could have adaptive cruise but I'll have to read my handbook whilst I'm off this week. 

One thing I'm knocked out with is just how good the EV is. Much better than the IS. It moves off quicker compared to my IS.

Yeah shame about no rev counter. Gonna miss that.

Just totally love the V6 rumble. The satnav is the same as I had in my IS and I'm still learning it lol. 

Unlikely to have the adaptive cruise on the F-Sport

Very few had this option. 

You would know by looking at the steering wheel. It'd have an extra button with the distance setting on it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links