Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean your steering wheel....!!

I put this on my build thread but it applies to all cars so thought I'd stick it here as well....

Have you ever sat there in traffic and looked at the steering wheel and thought.... "why did they make it gloss leather when the rest is matt"

1338601872_ScreenShot05-27-18at01_34PM.PNG.259f589321276cb25b4d1dd683263e39.PNG

Well actually it isn't gloss... it's the proverbial polished turd...!! Get yourself a mild leather cleaner and get to work on it, only takes a few minutes but look at the state of the cloth you use, you won't believe how much dirt is on there.....

Now sit back and look at your new wheel...!!!

840610818_ScreenShot05-27-18at01.34PM001.PNG.7012bf87301400e80aea63e91b48740d.PNG

It really does make a massive difference, treat it with some leather food and wait for it to dry or you will get fingerprints on it...

It now matches the airbag...!!

• Like 3

A friend of mine made the same discovery when he bought an E46 M3. Gave the steering wheel a good clean to find the M Sport red and blue stitched around the circumference. Couldn't even see it before.

• 4 weeks later...