Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

back door plastic panel

Noticed that somehow i now have a badly cracked plastic panel on the rear passenger door guessing it must have been a stone kick up as no other damage. Almost up to the crease so wish to repair asap but having problems getting off, seems to be some push clips but just where it is tearing it doesn't move. anybody able to give advice or provide manual info how these are fixed.

Have decided that any repair on plastic will not look great so looking to remove all the bottom door panels and will vinyl rap with black carbon effect. what do you recon.

David

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 5:17 PM, Heanorboy said:

Noticed that somehow i now have a badly cracked plastic panel on the rear passenger door guessing it must have been a stone kick up as no other damage. Almost up to the crease so wish to repair asap but having problems getting off, seems to be some push clips but just where it is tearing it doesn't move. anybody able to give advice or provide manual info how these are fixed.

Have decided that any repair on plastic will not look great so looking to remove all the bottom door panels and will vinyl rap with black carbon effect. what do you recon.

David

Any pictures so we can see exactly where

On 5/27/2018 at 5:17 PM, Heanorboy said:

David

Tacky.....

Just get a new part and replace it once you found out how. 

David

Not sure part you're looking at. Try eBay search this number 113021226387 this might give you an idea how to remove and replace

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, Heanorboy said:

Sorry for delay in reply been away for a few days

photos 

any good ideas anyone

David

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

How's that managed to happen?

Would replace if it's a big issue otherwise would just live with it. Looks more like a scratch than a crack 

That looks to be an odd place for damage like that. More than a stone could do I'd say...it hasn't come down hard coming off a kerb or something has it? What does the area underneath look like? Any damage there?

No its really weird directly underneath is were it is drilled to fix via a rivet.

No damage to anywhere else and all other fixing in place.

Have spoken to Lexus and a new one comes in close to £180 but I would still have the problem of finding out how to completely remove as even when I took out the fixing on the bottom I still could not get the thing off.

David 

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links